Tabs - Updating displayed info applies to all tabs

NomadRJ

Hi friends! I'm new to AutoIt and to this forum.

First of all, this tool is fantastic! Congrats to the authors and all the supporters! I've been writing a lot of code since I get in touch with AutoIt last week, but now I also have some doubts.

I'm working on a GUI with two tabs. My script have a lot of functions, one of them is responsible to refresh some of the displayed info. The problem is, after calling this refresh function the "re-drawed" texts stick to the GUI, not to the TAB. It means it is displayed in both tabs.

When I first display the info it works fine, just under the desired TAB, because I do that right after creating the TAB. But displaying something somewhere else on the script causes the problem described above.

Is there any way to tell the script that the controls I'm adding are TAB specific?

Thanks in advance!!

NomadRJ

Have you tried using Koda? I'm sure it'll make it way easier. I've made an app that uses tab and controls that are constantly refreshed and I don't have that problem. Take a look at "Process Manager" in my signature.

Also, take a look at GUISwitch() in the help file, it could also be your problem.

Many of the GUI specific functions work on the "current" window - this is usually the last window created with GUICreate. This function allows you to make another window "current". That's does not mean that the referenced window will become active. You have to use WinActivate.

Using the tabitemID allow to create new control in the specified tabitem control. Don't forget to close tabitem definition GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("")

Have you tried using Koda? I'm sure it'll make it way easier. I've made an app that uses tab and controls that are constantly refreshed and I don't have that problem. Take a look at "Process Manager" in my signature.

Also, take a look at GUISwitch() in the help file, it could also be your problem.

The GUISwitch() command was the answer!!

Just added GUISwitch ($Form1, $TabSheet2) into the function and tadaaaa!

Thank you very much, Nahuel!

I have downloaded KODA yesterday, but still didn't get deep into the progam. For now I'm using it just for reference or realtime design trial. I'll take a look at your scripts later. Thanks again!! <_<

[ ]s

NomadRJ