can i save the changes i made to a program

seco

Hi

i open a notepad and disable some controls and play with it a lot . and when i close te notepad every thing is revert back now. i want to save what i do (disabling and hiding) of some controls to it can i do that ?

thanks in advance.

• Moderators

You can't do that.

Not conventionally anyway, you could always run the "notepad" (love it when people use that as an example)... hide the window, disable controls, then show the window... save your configurations to an ini or something.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

thanks for reply

how to save your configurations to an ini?

thanks

Well.... every time you make a change, you save it to the section of the ini you created and are going to write to and read from.

If I do ControlDisable(...)... the next line I would probably write IniWrite("ini", "Disable", 1, "[CLASSNN:BUTTON1]") or something to that nature.

Then I would do IniReadSection(), loop from 1 to whatever the max returned value was, and do ControlDisable("WinTitle", "", $aIniSecDisabl[$i][1]).

Just pseudo code...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

There's no function to do it for you. I think what Smoke means is you'll have to keep track of the changes yourself (in the .ini file), and then when the program starts check that .ini file and repeat all the things you did.

Sorry Smoke, hope you don't mind me butting in but I had a gut feeling this was very quickly going into the "What function does that?" territory.

Edited by Saunders