AutoIt Startup Error

I'm not sure if this goes in bugs, if it does, sorry.

When I configure my shell, and restart it, it asks me for my password as I configured it to do. But after I press ok this pops up:

Posted Image

Here is the startup code: Just make a variable for $StartUpPassword.

If Not $StartUpPassword = "" Then
    $StartUpPasswordCheck = InputBox("MicroOS - Login", "Enter your password to login:", "", "*")
    If $StartUpPasswordCheck <> $StartUpPassword Then
        MsgBox(16, "MicroOS - Login", "Incorrect.")
        _Shutdown()
     EndIf
EndIf

You don't need the _Shutdown() function, it doesn't get there before the error pops up.

Any ideas as to what is wrong? Please tell me if you need more information.

AutoIt Version: v3.2.8.1 ANSI

It just started happening today.

Here is the shell and Setup Ini:

--Removed by SmOke_N--

http://h1.ripway.com/mrreno/MicroOS/MicroOSSettings.ini

Note: The INI is encrypted, MicroOS decrypts it fine, without error, at startup.

Put the INI in your Windows directory, start it up, and put jareno18 in. It should give you an error.

Edit: That portion of code seems to work, give me a couple of minutes.

Edited by SmOke_N

• Moderators

Don't be rediculous, you don't post an executable when you're trying to debug an issue, you post the source.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I isolated what was wrong. The part of the source is shown.

LOL, you call that isolating the issue?

There is absolutely nothing of what you showed that would cause the issue, so that means it is something that creates the values before hand that is causing the issue.

Again, you can find the issue on your own, but it's obvious you have having an issue containing your own executable, which means it's unsafe to use, and will be removed from the thread.

Your choice.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

LOL, you call that isolating the issue?

There is absolutely nothing of what you showed that would cause the issue, so that means it is something that creates the values before hand that is causing the issue.

Again, you can find the issue on your own, but it's obvious you have having an issue containing your own executable, which means it's unsafe to use, and will be removed from the thread.

Your choice.

Nothing "creates" the value, it reads it. Containing the EXE? Unsafe? And will be removed from the thread. Why? Are you too paraniod to open it? Scared?

Nothing "creates" the value, it reads it. Containing the EXE? Unsafe? And will be removed from the thread. Why? Are you too paraniod to open it? Scared?

Not very clever calling a Mod scared or paranoid

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• Moderators

Seeing how well it was coded... yes I am... to all the above.

• Developers

Ok, thanks, finally a good answer.

Not very smart comments .....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)