Dimmer

sandman

Easily set a "dimmer" amount for your screen. Useful for people who don't want such a bright laptop at night without a built-in dimmer function.

Based off my TransIT app.

Increase/decrease dim by pressing NumPad+ or NumPad- respectively. Press NumPad* to set a custom amount.

Source @ Pastebin (?)

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

• Moderators

No, you did not understand, I can click any icon or program. Even if the dimmer is set.

Justin, stay in your own thread, there will be NO hijacking from you... you're already on my sh** list.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I'm not hijacking. Whats a sh** list?

Why do you keep targeting me when I come close to hijacking?

And talk to Generator, he started it first, thats prove you have been targeting me.

And I'm not trying to be banned here, I was proving a point to Generator, whats wrong with that?

Edited by JustinReno

Oops... I wrote this in a hurry. I'll have to make some way for it to accept clicks below.

@Justin: :P Please calm your volatile temper.. it has poisoned two threads already.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Beside the technical issues that this has, most laptops where dimmers are common to save energy do not have a numpad and thus can not easily use the numpad to control this. :P

I also do not think that making a screen black, makes it consume less energy.

Also, I think you should set the background color of the window to black so if you set the transparency near 255, it does not become obvious this is just a window, and not a real dimmer.

Edited by Manadar

Beside the technical issues that this has, most laptops where dimmers are common to save energy do not have a numpad and thus can not easily use the numpad to control this. :P

I also do not think that making a screen black, makes it consume less energy.

Also, I think you should set the background color of the window to black so if you set the transparency near 255, it does not become obvious this is just a window, and not a real dimmer.

GUISetBkColor($win, 0x000000);

Line 16 ;)

I wasn't aiming for consuming less energy; more to reduce the brightness and eye pain from using a laptop at night without a built-in dimmer.

And oops... I never thought about that. :)

Edited by sandman

then it's probably just my computer. It was grey before, but now it is blue. ;)

:P