Sending "'s

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

How do you make something like this:

Send("MsgBox(0, "Hi there", "What's up?")

I want it to type out the msgbox command... It errors our that "Hi quote... I tried \" like the Java escape sequence, but it doesn't work for AutoIt... How can I get this to work?

You need to add ") to the end of that code:

Send("MsgBox(0, "Hi there", "What's up?")")
My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

/\/,Oct 26 2004, 04:55 PM]How do you make something like this:

Send("MsgBox(0, "Hi there", "What's up?")

I want it to type out the msgbox command... It errors our that "Hi quote... I tried \" like the Java escape sequence, but it doesn't work for AutoIt... How can I get this to work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try

Send('MsgBox(0, "Hi there", "What's up?")')

Nevermind I should of tried it first sorry

Edited by strate
INI TreeViewA bus station is where a bus stops, a train station is where a train stops. Onmy desk I have a work station...

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

Just did, same thing... the error is at the first "Hi there part... So the rest doesn't matter, although I see what you are saying, I actually forgot to put that in the original heh.

send(chr(83)&chr(101)&chr(110)&chr(100)&chr(40)&chr(34)&chr(77)&chr(115)&chr(103)&chr(66)&chr(111)&chr(120)&chr(40)&chr(48)&chr(44)&chr(32)&chr(34)&chr(72)&chr(105)&chr(32)&chr(116)&chr(104)&chr(101)&chr(114)&chr(101)&chr(34)&chr(44)&chr(32)&chr(34)&chr(87)&chr(104)&chr(97)&chr(116)&chr(39)&chr(115)&chr(32)&chr(117)&chr(112)&chr(63)&chr(34)&chr(41))

Send('MsgBox(0, "Hi there", "What''s up?")')

Send("MsgBox(0, ""Hi there"", ""What's up?"")")

You could also use a variable to store the quote char or break up each string into a separate variable...

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

EDIT: Sorry for the trouble everyone, I figured it out... I acidentally made a typo while trying another method, and therefore it didn't work.

Send('MsgBox(0, "Hi there", "What's up?")')

This works. Sorry about confusion!

What larry posted wouldn't work because the ' in What's would close the "quotes".

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]