New Fir Fox Browser Window.

Patil

In AutoIt3 we have a option to Create an Internet Explorer Browser Window, using the following code

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com")

Like wise do we have option for Fire Fox, using fire fox can we create new browser window please reply for this...

Thanks,

Santosh

In AutoIt3 we have a option to Create an Internet Explorer Browser Window, using the following code

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ("www.autoitscript.com")

Like wise do we have option for Fire Fox, using fire fox can we create new browser window please reply for this...

Thanks,

Santosh

There is no equivalent UDF to IE.au3 for Firefox because the Mozilla apps don't expose windows COM interfaces the way IE does. You can certainly launch Firefox to open a certain web page with Run() or ShellExecute(), but all the additional automation found in Dale Hohm's _IE* functions are not there for Firefox.

:P

Edit: Rats, out-typed by the weaponx-bot!

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

While both answers are technically correct, I would direct the OP to use the Search button. There's a few other topics floating around within the last couple of weeks that detail how to expose Firefox to automation. Unfortunately, due to the nature of Firefox, I doubt it will serve any practical purpose.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

While both answers are technically correct, I would direct the OP to use the Search button. There's a few other topics floating around within the last couple of weeks that detail how to expose Firefox to automation. Unfortunately, due to the nature of Firefox, I doubt it will serve any practical purpose.

I did a search, and everything I found still requires some kind of Firefox extension to be applied first. Did you see something that doesn't?

The Mozilla community sees this as an important feature, not a bug (and I agree with them). The easy COM interface to IE contributes to its poor security history, while at the same time making it THE choice for easy AutoIt automation of a browser. Making the external interface to Firefox "like IE" would also make their security stance "like IE", and Mozilla doesn't see that as desirable. Trading security for ease of use (which leads to market share) just isn't in their DNA the way it has historically been at Microsoft.

I get along nicely with both. Whenever I need to automate a web interface with AutoIt I call up IE every time. But my default browser is Firefox, of course, and I never use IE for general browsing. If my scripts only ran on my local machine, I might try to code the automation in Firefox XUL, but since they get used on other machines that don't necessarily have Firefox loaded at all, I get it done with IE.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Firefox does not expose a COM interface for interaction.

$url = "www.autoitscript.com"

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe " & $url, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

Thanks for the code............

I would like thank all of you who has replied to my post, it has helped a lot

Santosh