How can i..

Guest Dr.John

Guest Dr.John

How can i learn the Autoit language?

Dose any know of a web site that could teach me, or maybe a book i could buy or something?

autoit is actually in at least one book, but since we keep adding so many new features, it gets outdated quickly.

The helpfile is quite helpful and friendly, but mainly you need to learn by doing. If you get stuck, most folks are quitefriendly here, but try to make sure the search feature in the forums and help file first.

Also at the bottom of almost every function in the help file is an example. I sugest putting that into an .au3 file and seeing how it works. If you do that with every function, you will be a master in no time. Consider it your own AutoIt in 24hours book.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

I wan't to rewrite the helpfile, even though I don't understand completely all the features of autoit. I think every example in the helpfile should Include a little more information and every example should use everything parameter of the function it is showing.

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

There is a thread somewhere where I think CyberSlug was collecting input for the helpfile.

It was a while ago, and he might not be as involved with it anymore, but it might give you some idea of how to go about participating with suggestions for examples and other improvements. :)

Found the link .. http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...hl=chm++example

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

If you want I can resend you some Rishodi files, now that would OWN for a helpfile! You could probably write the whole helpfile from the first 2 pages of his scripts!

to catch up fast with AutoIT3, I think you need to write a very simple script

and test it out.

When problem comes, you need to learn how to debug, from there you will

easily get to know of AutoIT !

Helpfile is part of my learning material, and also this forum !

Come and join here always if you really want to learn this script langauge !

It's wonderful and as easy as 1-2-3 ! :)