Winclose/Winkill delays

mayoroj

When I am trying to kill an application I have launched through citrix using the winkill or winclose method the app closes but not for at least 10-15 seconds.

Here is my code, is there something I am doing wrong? I have tried all the optional arguments I can think of but still same delay.

$pid=Run('"C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\pnagent.exe" /QLaunch "testapp"')

WinWait("testapp Login - \\Remote")

Winkill("testapp Login - \\Remote") ; 10-15 second delay before app is killed

Send("!{F4}") ; Sending the alt-F4 keystroke works right away

Can Anyone tell me why there is such a delay?

When I try this same code with notepad, it works right away.

When I am trying to kill an application I have launched through citrix using the winkill or winclose method the app closes but not for at least 10-15 seconds.

Here is my code, is there something I am doing wrong? I have tried all the optional arguments I can think of but still same delay.

$pid=Run('"C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\pnagent.exe" /QLaunch "testapp"')

WinWait("testapp Login - \\Remote")

Winkill("testapp Login - \\Remote") ; 10-15 second delay before app is killed

Send("!{F4}") ; Sending the alt-F4 keystroke works right away

Can Anyone tell me why there is such a delay?

When I try this same code with notepad, it works right away.

I wonder how fast it closes if you launch the app and then close it immediately manually? There is overhead processing involved in starting up/shutting down an app, in addition to the overhead for Citrix client and the Terminal Server session.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I wonder how fast it closes if you launch the app and then close it immediately manually? There is overhead processing involved in starting up/shutting down an app, in addition to the overhead for Citrix client and the Terminal Server session.

:P

Well I can not use timer init as how the pnaagent launches the app the initial pid returned is closed out right away.

The app closes out right away when you hit any buttons on it, cancel, X , or alt F4.

I can find the app in task manager and kill it right away as well, isn't this what winkill is supposed to do?