help with clicking a button on a web page

n00bster

post-27205-1195211574_thumb.jpg

ok there are 14 buttons 6 are ALL and 6 are (+), and the last 2 are [reset] and [ok]........i can make a simple click function for it like MouseClick("left" 250, 175) and it click the correct button i need but the problem is if i leave the page and return it changes so the coords are wrong i want in my script it to click a certain one everytime i have no idea where to start perhaps a lil kick in the right direction would help thanks

Actually, if he is a mod/admin of a game, that does not want cheaters then he does belong here. He has his own place here. He wants to keep the game clean and fair for the honest folk who play it fair. If you stop it at its source, then you can stop it being released into the world. AutoIt is the literal source.

EDIT: Also, lets not turn this into a flame war.

Edited by Bert

• Moderators

Actually, if he is a mod/admin of a game, that does not want cheaters then he does belong here. He has his own place here. He wants to keep the game clean and fair for the honest folk who play it fair. If you stop it at its source, then you can stop it being released into the world. AutoIt is the literal source.

That's not entirely true. As I've stated for his counter part, this is an AutoIt Forum, not his gaming forum.

The only forum that a non-user should be posting in, whether it be about their product (notice the plugs), and or opinion, would be the chat forum.

You don't see the Mods/Admins of this forum running to the other basic language types complaining of EULA/GPL/etc issues.

IMO, I consider these posts to be needless plugs for their product, which is considered spamming here...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Yes this is the Autoit forum, but if it states in the rules of the game NOT to use a program... then why would you do it? that is why www.Shimlar.org has been taken off the net because the admin got tired of trying to make the game Macro proof.

IF the two people that are posting as Neoflaros and Incognito and are the games creator, they want to make sure the game is fun for everyone... and macro/scripts take the fun out of the game for,

1 -- people that dont know how to work the program and no one wants to share.

2 -- The mods that have to keep checking on players to make sure that people are not macroing.

3 -- It slows the game way down because of the CPU Usage sky rockets when people are clicking extreamly fast, causing other people that play the game legit to slow WAY down.

4 -- IF IT STATES IN THE RULES NOT TO DO IT... then why would you do it?

Macros/scripts were made to help people get through things faster, yes, but if you look at it, it is for WORK! They were made to sign in on computers, open e-mail through the internet or what ever program, and to input numbers, etc.

Last time I checked... Gevalum is not WORK, nor is it LEGAL in the GAME to macro, and this just means that the admins of the game have to make it harder for people TO PLAY a game...

So please... explain to me why they should not be posting to stop attacking their site on Macros/scripts.

Read the Rules... IF ya CHEAT you might Lose more then Gold... you might lose your Avatars Life.

• Moderators

Yes this is the Autoit forum, but if it states in the rules of the game NOT to use a program... then why would you do it? that is why www.Shimlar.org has been taken off the net because the admin got tired of trying to make the game Macro proof.

IF the two people that are posting as Neoflaros and Incognito and are the games creator, they want to make sure the game is fun for everyone... and macro/scripts take the fun out of the game for,

1 -- people that dont know how to work the program and no one wants to share.

2 -- The mods that have to keep checking on players to make sure that people are not macroing.

3 -- It slows the game way down because of the CPU Usage sky rockets when people are clicking extreamly fast, causing other people that play the game legit to slow WAY down.

4 -- IF IT STATES IN THE RULES NOT TO DO IT... then why would you do it?

Macros/scripts were made to help people get through things faster, yes, but if you look at it, it is for WORK! They were made to sign in on computers, open e-mail through the internet or what ever program, and to input numbers, etc.

Last time I checked... Gevalum is not WORK, nor is it LEGAL in the GAME to macro, and this just means that the admins of the game have to make it harder for people TO PLAY a game...

So please... explain to me why they should not be posting to stop attacking their site on Macros/scripts.

If your admin/moderators have an issue with someone on this forum, then they need to approach our admin/moderators. I don't personally care what your impressions are, they mean nothing to me. I only care to keep you guys from spamming this forum.

If you or any of them persist, I'll start banning those accounts myself. I've made myself pretty clear where this type of talk belongs... and how I feel about needless product endorsement.

Bottom line... Go through the proper chain of command... ie.. Admin to Admin

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Look, I am trying to get an understanding for the reason they can not warn the people... your a mod, I have a question, and you really did not answer it very well in that last post.

So can you please answer my question...

Read the Rules... IF ya CHEAT you might Lose more then Gold... you might lose your Avatars Life.

• Moderators

Look, I am trying to get an understanding for the reason they can not warn the people... your a mod, I have a question, and you really did not answer it very well in that last post.

So can you please answer my question...

I'm not much for repeating myself, and if you can't read between the lines, I'm sorry.

If your admin/moderators have an issue with someone on this forum, then they need to approach our admin/moderators. I don't personally care what your impressions are, they mean nothing to me. I only care to keep you guys from spamming this forum.

If you or any of them persist, I'll start banning those accounts myself. I've made myself pretty clear where this type of talk belongs... and how I feel about needless product endorsement.

Bottom line... Go through the proper chain of command... ie.. Admin to Admin

Sorry, but wouldn't making a script be counted as product endorsement? I have read this forum over and over, and i do not see anyone endorsing anything, more like enforcing the rules in the game. Plus I thought the rules of Autoit had a blurb in it asking for people to not use it illegally... AKA Cheating... This might be another forum I was reading, but I remember something along that line for this "Maker". But any who... I will stop talking now since you asked...

A quot to help where I stand --

Smoke-

Not trying to spam here, just trying to get a good feel for what you're saying.

For one, it is quite obviously not an 'advertising plug' for our 'product'. It's also very obvious that we're reminding him that this program is against our terms of use and rules, and posted enough places that the person in question is not allowed to do that. If this was 'needless advertising', it wouldn't be us reminding people not to use macros; we'd say things about the game, which didn't happen.

Furthermore, as a moderator, you aren't doing anything to stop this kind of action from happening. You suggest talking to a moderator or an administrator; however, you're doing nothing except attacking us and trying to put some false claim that we're advertising within AutoIt. You merely stated that you don't condone the cheater's actions; I see nothing that could come out of reporting this, because nothing has yet except that you've put a bad twist on what we've done. If he can post something that violates our terms of use, we should be able to post to remind him of that fact.

That's all I have to say on the subject; I will talk to an administrator to see what I can do, and I sincerely hope that I see something come of it.

• Moderators

Understand that anything I say, is my own point of view and may not be shared by other Mods/Admin/Developers.

Smoke-

Not trying to spam here, just trying to get a good feel for what you're saying.

For one, it is quite obviously not an 'advertising plug' for our 'product'. It's also very obvious that we're reminding him that this program is against our terms of use and rules, and posted enough places that the person in question is not allowed to do that. If this was 'needless advertising', it wouldn't be us reminding people not to use macros; we'd say things about the game, which didn't happen.

I consider it spam every time you put your product name on here. These pages are spidered by search engines, do you guys seriously think you've helped yourself by posting here? I would think you would have thought it through a bit being "Administrators" of a site, of what consequences you posting here might have. Now anyone with a search engine, and a desire to find a cheat for your game are going to find themselves here looking for ways to do it, and then starting to mask how they ask their questions so you/I/anyone can only guess at what they are asking.

Furthermore, as a moderator, you aren't doing anything to stop this kind of action from happening. You suggest talking to a moderator or an administrator; however, you're doing nothing except attacking us and trying to put some false claim that we're advertising within AutoIt. You merely stated that you don't condone the cheater's actions; I see nothing that could come out of reporting this, because nothing has yet except that you've put a bad twist on what we've done. If he can post something that violates our terms of use, we should be able to post to remind him of that fact.

That's all I have to say on the subject; I will talk to an administrator to see what I can do, and I sincerely hope that I see something come of it.

1. As a moderator, I have but one concern, that is AutoIt... I have absolutely no concern on how your game is used or played or abused personally.

2. I didn't say I condoned or didn't condone it. But I'll publicly state my personal standing on the issue. I think games like that are a waste of time, and posts asking for help to cheat at them are a waste of bandwidth.

3. At the same time, as long as the Posters do not violate any AutoIt rule, they may post what they want when they want.

I couldn't fathom the time it would take for the moderators/admin/devs to police these forums, not just for AutoIt user violations, but for other product EULA infractions.

As I can appreciate your clans dedication to your product, and probably the many hours of work you have done to make things like this not an option... Maybe you should take this as a wake up call... and make your product much harder to automate, than a script kiddie being able to come to an interpreted language could handle.

P.S.

Your other Admin had already asked for our Admin in a PM to me (Which I provided), do you guys not communicate?

Edit:

I'd like to add something to this line:

I see nothing that could come out of reporting this, because nothing has yet except that you've put a bad twist on what we've done. If he can post something that violates our terms of use, we should be able to post to remind him of that fact.

Obviously you guys are smart enough to figure out how to personal message someone, if your concern is to "remind" them, why post in the open forum and not a personal mesage? Edited by SmOke_N