Lock Workstation

ali

Locking the workstation has been disabled on this machine, is there anyway to lock it or create a program that would lock the computer from usage (windows lock of cours lol)...?

windows key+L has been disabled and the lock button has been greyd out from the control alt delete screen (while logged in)

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

Sounds like one of those damn school computer problems. Where the teacher has control over all of them. Sniff around program files, or search for .sys programs running.

Or if you want to do the smart thing, try searching the help file for BlockInput.

@Python, Just because you are willing to screw up yours (and appearently the schools) computers doesn't mean it is the right way to do things. Do not tamper with system files or hack into school systems.. this is illegal.. don't do it with this language.

*** Matt @ MPCS

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

I'm not talking about hacking it with AutoIt lol... For hacking my school, I use DOS / VB. I keep all of my shit on 1 floppy so that, if caught, they have no proof of anything. Besides, if you REALLY want to cover your tracks, tell your DOS script to delete either the entire windows folder, or just the log files. Not that hard. BTW: I don't want to damage my school at all, I just use it to run stuff on more than one network computer at a time. I usually use 5 remote computers in different rooms.

Added: Not all forms of hacking are bad... Cracking is bad, hacking is just using your knowledge to solve a problem.

Edited by Py7|-|[]/\/

I am well aware of the difference between hacking and cracking... whatever it is that you think you do in DOS or VB I assure you is far from either definition. DOS is powerful for administrative tasks... not as a "cracking" tool. It doesn't contain the commands to effectivly take over a computer. Most school lock down apps monitor activities of both CLI and GUI applications and almost all of them have their own log. VB is a high level "toy" language for users that don't want to worry about truly interacting with the operating system. At its natural level it also is not powerful enough to do anything worth while.

Deleting the system log (which I doubt is possible on your school computers because no school is dumb enough to allow students access to the system log) is only cosmetic unless you know anything about wiping (which I doubt your 2 braincells can comprehend) because it can be recovered... I rescued PC's for my High school all 4 years I was there and for my company the first 3 years we were in business... I know all of your childish tricks. You are nothing but an insignificant scriptkiddy (no offense scriptkitty).

*** Matt @ MPCS

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

Firstly, I am not a scriptkitty. I wrote everything I made on my own. And about VB, it is used for many viruses and cracks... I doubt that you know which ones! I used to be in the JapsClan and learned a LOT about cracking, and scripting them. DOS can be used to effectively "crack" a school computer with ease... Also, the only way to recover lost files that have been deleted by a DOS script is through DOS in startup!!!! So technically, the attack isn't the script, but the ignorance of the owner because he doesn't know how to use DOS to recover them. Ever hear of Polymophing Viruses? One of the most *nasty* ones ever written was scripted in VB and made a DOS file for cleanup. I only have my DOS scripts for war events, in which they should be used as a last resort. Until then, good cracking/hacking!

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

One more thing... DOS is especially powerful because it has the ability to morph its OWN files, hence polymorphism. It can also be used to send itself through networks to other compturs, and be aware!!! Autoexec.bat is possibly the strongest file in the computer, and *easily* "edited" heh.

It is very easy to figure out which applications were written in VB because they require the VB runtime library. VB is not the choice language of most REAL hackers/crackers because it does not have the speed to run brute force attacks nor the depth into windows to retrieve the information most hackers are interested in. Although you can do basic memory management, the VB interpreter does bounds checking to make sure you can only access your applications memory space... this removes the possibility to hack 99% of the information most malicious people care about.

Your DOS file deletion is worthless against a linux file recovery script. Accessing it RAW is the only way to properly recover the data. DOS is a toy... autoexec.bat is not powerful... and in a true corporate environment none of what you are talking about will even work. Autoexec.bat is a startup script, but fails against the modern operating system startup methods. Win9x may be prey to your bullshit scripts but try running them in a real operating system and they fail. Even with your beloved DOS scripts need to gain permission to the files you are trying to access in 2K and XP before they affect anything. We live in a time when ignorance is bliss... and computer ignorance is divine. This fact alone gives you prey, but until you can write a *nix virus... you will always be a scriptkiddy.

*** Matt @ MPCS

Firstly, I am not a scriptkitty. I wrote everything I made on my own.

"scriptkiddy"= A Kid who uses scripts to hack that wrote about 0% of it.

"Scriptkitty" = A guy who commonly quotes the help file to help folks out on these boards.

I write my own code too, although I also take some from the help files for obvious reasons. ( I tend to like some of them, cause they were mine :) )

Not to get into your argument or anything, Py7|-|[]/\/ is correct about a lot of :) stuff. As far as DOS goes (not denial of service) it is far easier to use a brick to gain entrance to a car than a lock pick. Of course now there are car alarms and GPS systems that track the car's location.

Virus creators are the lowest sort of scum however, and like chain emails, and taggers, they have this personality defect in their brain that makes them feel good to put their trash in everyone elses yard. Hacking and cracking were both honest hobbies/professions. Of course they have a bad connotation now.

Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Thanks for the input scriptkitty. I am aware of usefulness of DOS in this area, but it is no where as powerful as what you can do with some c code. Try making changes to the MBR with DOS... any true virus writer knows how to access the MBR.

I also concur that virus writters are the scum of the earth, thanks god I have been rehibilitated. I was mostly trying to egg Python on so we could get something incriminating on the board about him (evidence is the first step to solving a crime). :)

*** Matt @ MPCS

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

I can write *nix viruses. And I do have some stored on a floppy. You forget, I only have 2 Windows machines, my specialty is actually linux... 95% of my computer usage is linux, only reason I use windows at all is for games/autoit. And about that dos thing... DOS ownz... It has a lot more capabilites then you know of. Also, Linux, my favorite cracking tool, really requires a shell account to be successful. Without a shell account, your hacking skills are pretty much in vein. I can't remember the last time I ever used a windows machine to crack something. (Besides school...) And yes, I know BASH. =) Ok, bash is cool, now what! I am learning C as we speak =). Also, you probably won't find much about me on here, try searching altavista for me though =) Look up R34P3R heh...

I have a hard time believeing that I would find much about you considering you have recently asked about how to access the registry, and you think it is a "major problem" if your browser text got resized. You can't figure out how to change the text size in your browser but I am supposed to take you seriously when you say that you are a big hacker? Something seems a bit off here.

*** Matt @ MPCS

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

OMG I forgot DDoS! I know how to use those... Pretty cool things. Denial of Service! Have you ever heard of Ping of Death? I used to use that P.O.S before I made my own stuff. Back in the day. Now I use 100% mine ! =) And my favorite tool? Telnet of course! For windows at least, shells are the greatest power on the earth. BASH r00lz. Bash + DDos + C = root.

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

I'm not saying I'm a big hacker... I'm just saying that I know how to create the scripts of which you are talking about. But if you search altavista for R34P3R, (my previous forum name), you will find my japsclan contributions. I used to be one of the most active members there (Counter Strike Hacking).

Interesting discussion going on here.

Edit: I really used to be interested in hacking/cracking/phreaking for the wrong reasons, I now have decided that once I get my training complete that I am only going to do it completely legal and White Hat style. It is stupid to hack illegally. You will eventually be caught. I am not trying to down anyone, but I am throwing out the option that it is still a highly revered profession. I know that is where I am going to be spending alot of my career.

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

You have demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of basic programming concepts. I'm not talking language or syntax or the like, I'm talking concepts. The ability to understand and develop concepts are what makes a programmer good, not the ability to understand the basic syntax of a language. The ability to quickly and efficiently come up with a solution to a problem is also paramount. You have not demonstrated those abilities at all.

You've also failed to demonstrate a 1st grade level of deductive reason. Figuratively speaking, given 1+1, I've seen you fail to see the obvious link and present the result of 2 on more than one occasion. This brings me to the conclusion that your spiel above is the result of you being either a Grade-A Hollywood-lead caliber actor or you're delusional.

I will use Larry as an example of what you are missing. I remember Larry mentioning one time he didn't understand pointers in C\C++. This kind of surprised me. I also get the impression Larry doesn't know much C++, that he's more of a C kind of guy. That means Larry is/was lacking knowledge about the language, but the thing is, his ability to conceptualize a problem and solve it or come up with a way to solve it is outstanding. The stuff he does with DllCall() is awesome and the way he solves problems is most definitely outside the box. AutoIt 3 wouldn't be nearly as good without his control functions. Larry is living proof that knowing the language is the most insignifcant part of programming. The ability to think about the problems and solve them in unique ways is far more important. I'd be kind of scared to see what kind of stuff Larry could do with full knowledge of the intracacies of C\C++.

What Larry has, you lack, and thats the most important ingredient.

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

I am still very fuzzy on what you are trying to say. Are you saying that I don't want to understand AutoIt? Or something else... Or that I don't think outside the box.

Edited by Py7|-|[]/\/

Python what he is saying is that knowing the language (any language) isnt the only thing that you have to know. You have to be able to think logically and think from all angles about a problem. Larry you have to admit can certainly do this. He has come up with more solutions on this forum than probably anyone. Valik is just pointing out a very valid point. You have come to this forum with some very basic and simple questions.

That is his point. Learn to get around your problem without asking for so much help just work it out... even if it would possibly be faster to ask the forum.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Virus creators are the lowest sort of scum however, and like chain emails, and taggers, they have this personality defect in their brain that makes them feel good to put their trash in everyone elses yard.  Hacking and cracking were both honest hobbies/professions.  Of course they have a bad connotation now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Part of this must to the maturity of this people...

The ability to think about the problems and solve them in unique ways is far more important

Yes. I like me this quote... :)

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

I don't really know the AutoIt language at all Oo. I mostly use shells on *nix... And I have no need to write a work-around DOS script at all.