FileInstall,that nice function

Hello everybody,Im new in that forum and "new" user of that awesome language(since some month),Im Italian so sorry for my bad English

I have some question about that function

If I install file in my compiled script(example: Fileinstall("c:\imagine.jpg","c:\autoit\scripts")

After I compile,how I can move the file included(example:imagine.jpg)where I desire?And how I can copy/move that file included where I want regardless the place(dir),like program's installers do?

Noob but ethical

this is what you are looking for i guess "@scriptdir"

fileinstall("c:\test.txt",@scriptdir&"\filename.ext")

now the file "filename.ext" would be extracted inn the same dir where the script ran.

Edited by jokke
UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

Before post something in a forum I use the uncle google to find my answers :P

@Yurij:I read always Autoit's help,but I've not found further information about "fileinstall",I want more information about:how to extract the installed file in a specify directory(like "Installer" does?; sometimes i got error,the compiled script is more heavy(with the file installed) but I run it and nothing extract...

Noob but ethical

Before post something in a forum I use the uncle google to find my answers ;)

@Yurij:I read always Autoit's help,but I've not found further information about "fileinstall",I want more information about:how to extract the installed file in a specify directory(like "Installer" does?; sometimes i got error,the compiled script is more heavy(with the file installed) but I run it and nothing extract...

You have not explained this phrase: "...how I can copy/move that file included where I want regardless the place(dir),like program's installers do?"

What does that mean? FileInstall() put the file exactly where you tell it to. What else did you want it to do? Perhaps you just need to FileMove() it from there to somewhere else? If you were doing it manually with mouse and keyboard, how would you decide where to put it?

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law