how to start

Chaps,

My first ever try to create a script to silently uninstall a program using AutoIT so I shall need lots of help.

Firstly how can I run this uninstall syntax that I usually use Start -- Run

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{787B967E-DB4F-4313-BBD7-3E2BE0AB49A5}\setup.exe" -l0x9 AddRemoveProgram

I guess the few pop up menus information can be collected by using Au3info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure if this will work for you or not, but give it a try:

Run('RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{787B967E-DB4F-4313-BBD7-3E2BE0AB49A5}\setup.exe" -l0x9 AddRemoveProgram')

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure if this will work for you or not, but give it a try:

Run('RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{787B967E-DB4F-4313-BBD7-3E2BE0AB49A5}\setup.exe" -l0x9 AddRemoveProgram')

Many thanks sir it did work, now all I need to do is figure out how to cope with the pop up windows and the requred "next" and "ok" etc.

Check out "winwait" and "controlsend" in the Helpfile. You can run your commandline that you already have then wait for the window to appear with winwait, then click ok or next with contrlsend.

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly