Automating Clicking Of Flash Object In Internet Explorer Using VBScript

I've been doing some research, it appears auto-it does have some basic flash capabilities, but only if you are serving the flash object yourself and can control various things on the server?

What I need to do is simple (yet complicated?):

There is a flash application running inside of Internet Explorer on a major companies website. I want to be able to click a button inside said flash application.

I'm not concerned with using real "objects", etc. The click event can be coordinate based relative to the flash object. Ideally a vbscript would open an instance of IE, navigate to the page the flash application is hosted on, then auto-it would click the button inside the flash app.

Is this possible using auto-it? Thanks in advance for any assistance!

This is all possible in AutoIt. You can use _IEcreate to open the browser, _IETagNameGetCollection to get a reference to the OBJECT containing flash, _IEPropertyGet to obtain the coordinates of the object and then the standard AutoIt mouseclick functions to click on it.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

So auto-it would have to actually create the instance of the browser, it couldn't piggy back on a browser that was created using other means (e.g. shelling or wscript internet.application)?

If anyone has sample code for this operation I would be extremely grateful. Thanks DaleHolm for taking the time to respond and for pointing me toward the methods I would require for this...

Awesome, thanks guys. My only previous experience with auto-it is the dll that comes with watir for ruby. I had used it to click some IE dialogs a while back, but I had found code on the web and didn't really have to get too deep into it.

If anyone has some sample code, or would be willing to write some quick code for me to do this, I'm willing to pay a little fee, I won't have time to do this until like next week but I could use this code sooner if possible. Just send me an email if you are interested... Thx...