ObjGet for IE

autoitxp

Do you mean how do you take action on the open IE using Autoit if you didnt create that IE and dont already have control of it?

If so, use this . . .

CODE
#include <IE.au3>

;Take posession of the first open IE

$CloseBrowser = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\", "Window Title")

$oIE = _IEAttach($CloseBrowser, "WindowTitle")

If you know the title of the IE (www.yahoo.com is just Yahoo!) -Then you can just use this

CODE
#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IEAttach("Yahoo!")

Edited by Hatcheda

I have no idea what you are asking. If you want help here you are going have to be more clear. It took you 5 seconds to write that single line. The average response takes several minutes. If you are asking how to take control of a current IE I have already given you the answer. If you don't understand or that was not what you were asking, I need a detailed response, question, and what you would like it to do. -Otherwise you can post your oneliners till the cows come home.

My rule of thumb is not to put more effort into my answer than the posted invested in the question...

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

and why this not working ObjGet("","InternetExplorer.Application")

#include <IE.au3>
$CloseBrowser = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\", "Window Title")

here is error when execute this script

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

Edited by autoitxp

You cannot use ObjGet on InternetExplorer because its instances are not placed into the ROT (Running Object Table).

re: --> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

Don't make it so complicated. Open a browser to www.yahoo.com and do this:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IEAttach("Yahoo")

Also, please read the documentation and examples in the helpfile. A lot of work went into them to try to anticipate your questions.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

hi i put little effort here check this code and now when ever user click or open new IE with url this must show url

can i put countinue loop ?

how to do that ?

hey if any one like my logic to get current IE url then let me know may be you guyz have some better one

#include <IE.au3>
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)  
$title = WinGetTitle("Microsoft Internet Explorer", "")
$len =  StringTrimRight($title, 30)
MsgBox(0, "Full title read was:", $len)
$oIE = _IEAttach($len)
MsgBox(0, "The URL", _IEPropertyGet ($oIE, "locationurl"))
Edited by autoitxp

So why are you messing with WinGetTitle? _IEAttach offers all of these match modes:

Optional: specifies search mode

Title = (Default) sub-string of main document title

WindowTitle = sub-string of full window title (instead of document title)

URL = sub-string or url of the current page

Text = sub-string in text from the body of the current page

HTML = sub-string in html from the body of the current page

HWND = hwnd of the browser window

Embedded = title sub-string or hwnd of of the window embedding the control

DialogBox = title sub-string or hwnd of modal/modeless dialogbox

Most all of the match on the substring that you provide.

Dale

@JustinReno if you want to play 20 questions be my guest.

wat heck man u guyz here to help or arguing autoit users ? wat the hell forum is this u guyz nt answering my singal problem

The problem is that everyone is trying to help you when they should not be.

I have had some tuff questions answered on this form by the likes of Dale, PSalty and Gary as well as many others. I have also had a few stupid questions answered. -but none of my questions were answered by making others guess what I was asking for or insulting them for trying.

Perhaps if you would spend more time clearly asking your FULLY INFORMED questions then you might get a little more *****FREE******work out of others :P

Do you mean how do you take action on the open IE using Autoit if you didnt create that IE and dont already have control of it?

If so, use this . . .

CODE
#include <IE.au3>

Does this work on non title having third party app generated IE instances?

Like overlays, or app embedded IE instances.

For example, if there is IE popup from a third party application that has no visible title, what is the best way to attach to it?

Something like on event attach?

And how do you determine the elements names without having access to the source?

The problem is that everyone is trying to help you when they should not be.

Look, AutoIt is a very extensive app, and it's hard to wrap your mind around the whole thing.

I have written some complex scripts using some functions, while others remain a complete mystery to me.

I don't understand why/how half of these threads end up in a fight.

We are all just here to learn.

Edited by Oldschool

@ Oldschool

-If you posted half the question you just did and I knew, I would be inclined to answer you, but when someone posts one line, reads your response that took minutes, tens of minutes or hours and then responds with another one liner that seems to dismiss your response without a reason or further direction, at what point do you say enough? . . .

As for you first question. I am interested in the answer but don't know. I would repost that questions with a specific title and discription and pm Dale as to its exsistance. I would not suggest a question in the PM just a link. That way others in the form can read it, answer if they can or benifit from what ever Dale gives when he has the time :P

one thing that does come to mind is Au3Info.au3 -it can give info that you may not otherwise see. D:\Program Files\AutoIt3 -For me

Edited by Hatcheda

Does this work on non title having third party app generated IE instances?

Like overlays, or app embedded IE instances.

For example, if there is IE popup from a third party application that has no visible title, what is the best way to attach to it?

Something like on event attach?

And how do you determine the elements names without having access to the source?

_IEAttach has "embedded" and "popup" options taht allow you to attach to to existing embedded IE instances.

To learn about the elements on the page I suggest using DebugBar (see my sig) -- it is extremely well designed, helpful and free.

Dale