Adding whitespace?!

Gnat

I have searched the help file and the forums, and maybe I am just missing it...but, is there a command to insert a blank space or multiple blank spaces into a text file? I am trying to format a text file, and @TAB isn't doing it for me because of the random string lengths...

Thanks in advance!

should be " " (just white space).... I must be missing something to this question

I have a text file that is being created by a script. The text file has multiple columns that have various length strings and with tabs the columns may or may not line up properly. So, I am subtracting the string length from the column width that I want to use and I want to then add that number of spaces at the end of the text string. Is this possible???

I have searched the help file and the forums, and maybe I am just missing it...but, is there a command to insert a blank space or multiple blank spaces into a text file? I am trying to format a text file, and @TAB isn't doing it for me because of the random string lengths...

Thanks in advance!

Demo: Inserts one space at character 11 of the 5th line:

#include <file.au3>

$sFile = "C:\Temp\Test.txt"
$sLine = FileReadLine($sFile, 5)
$sLine = StringLeft($sLine, 10) & " " & StringMid($sLine, 11)
_FileWriteToLine($sFile, 5, $sLine, 1)

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

demo to add spaces acording to a set length

$String1 = "this is how long I want the string string"

$String2 = "this is short"

$Length_wanted = StringLen($String1)

$Length2 = StringLen($String2)

for $x = $Length2 to $Length_wanted -1
    $String2 = $String2 & " "
Next

MsgBox(0x0,"Result", "String Length #1 = " & $Length_wanted & @CRLF & "String Length #2= " & StringLen($String2) & "   ")

8)

NEWHeader1.png