Copy Listview Items

FireLord

I'm sticking to Beta. I have 3.2.9.10. The code that smashly gave me works perfectly in his program. But I copied a few lines exactly the same but it has no result in my program.

Here's where it is:

Global $Listbox = ControlGetHandle("Find Player", "", 259);259 is the control ID of the listbox
Global $var = INIRead("C:\buddies.ini", "BuddyList", "Buddies", "Unable to read INI.")
$buddiesSearch = StringSplit($var, ",")
$nListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Online|Buddy Name     ", 30, 85, 230, 200)
For $i = 1 To $buddiesSearch[0]
                            Send($buddiesSearch[$i] & "{Enter}"); Search for each individual player
                        Next
                        For $i = 0 To _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($ListBox) - 1
                        Next
                            GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(_GUICtrlListBox_GetText($ListBox, $i), $sListView)

From the looks of it is supposed to write all of the items in the listbox into the listview but it doesn't...

[center]See the Helpfile[/center]

While Alive()
	 DrinkWine();
}
[center][/center]

• Moderators

I'm sticking to Beta. I have 3.2.9.10. The code that smashly gave me works perfectly in his program. But I copied a few lines exactly the same but it has no result in my program.

Here's where it is:

Global $Listbox = ControlGetHandle("Find Player", "", 259);259 is the control ID of the listbox
Global $var = INIRead("C:\buddies.ini", "BuddyList", "Buddies", "Unable to read INI.")
$nListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Online|Buddy Name     ", 30, 85, 230, 200)
                        Next
                        Next

From the looks of it is supposed to write all of the items in the listbox into the listview but it doesn't...

Here's a question... Can I run your example code if I copy and paste it in SciTE and click Alt+F5? ... I don't know how many times I have to say it to get it through your head.... Write a reproduction script that reproduces the error ... that all/any of us can run to debug for ourselves.

You're using Vars that have no value to us... and your information is lacking... quit wasting time.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Here's a question... Can I run your example code if I copy and paste it in SciTE and click Alt+F5? ... I don't know how many times I have to say it to get it through your head.... Write a reproduction script that reproduces the error ... that all/any of us can run to debug for ourselves.

You're using Vars that have no value to us... and your information is lacking... quit wasting time.

Give me 3 hours and I'll write one for you.

While Alive()
	 DrinkWine();
}
[center][/center]

Here you go, but since you don't have the test window application, I doubt it will do you good. But if you can help me with the problem then I'm open minded.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <GUIListview.au3>
#include <GUIListbox.au3>
#Include <Misc.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)

Global $sListview
Global $ListBox = ControlGetHandle("Find Player", "", 259)
Global $FindBuddies

$GUI = GUICreate("", 535, 570)
GUISetState()
$Buddies = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Buddies", 14, 10, 40, 20)
$menu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($Buddies)
$FindBuddies = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&Find Buddies F2", $menu)
$sListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Tablename              ", 272, 85, 230, 200)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_Event_Close
            Exit
        Case $msg = $FindBuddies
            If WinExists("Test Window", "" ) Then
                WinActivate("Test Window", "")
                Send("{CTRLDOWN}{f}"); will activate the window that has the listbox in it.
                Send("{CTRLUP}")
                Sleep(10)
                    If IsArray($buddiesSearch) Then
                        Next
                        Next
                    EndIf
            Else
                MsgBox(16, "Error", "Test Window isn't running!")
            EndIf
    EndSelect
WEnd

While Alive()
	 DrinkWine();
}
[center][/center]

• Moderators

Next
                        Next
                            GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(_GUICtrlListBox_GetText($ListBox, $i), $sListView)oÝ÷ Øv«vÚYmëÚç¨~Ê&zØbجmiËnjYr{"uëazZ(§b²Ù^9÷(º»#eø±¶¬jwb·
'ßÛ[zØ^Ë.zZ%jëh×6                        For $i = 1 To $buddiesSearch[0]
                        Next
                        Next

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Next
                        Next
                            GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(_GUICtrlListBox_GetText($ListBox, $i), $sListView)oÝ÷ Øv«vÚYmëÚç¨~Ê&zØbجmiËnjYr{"uëazZ(§b²Ù^9÷(º»#eø±¶¬jwb·
'ßÛ[zØ^Ë.zZ%jëh×6                        For $i = 1 To $buddiesSearch[0]
                        Next
                        Next
The reason I tried it outside of the loop was because nothing was happening inside!

While Alive()
	 DrinkWine();
}
[center][/center]

• Moderators

The reason I tried it outside of the loop was because nothing was happening inside!

And your point? ... I asked for a workable copy... I gave you the solution that I could see... What is the window/application to interact with?

And your point? ... I asked for a workable copy... I gave you the solution that I could see... What is the window/application to interact with?

What are you referring to by window/application? My program or the one with the listbox unto which I need to copy the data in it from?

While Alive()
	 DrinkWine();
}
[center][/center]

• Moderators

What are you referring to by window/application? My program or the one with the listbox unto which I need to copy the data in it from?

The window application that you are saying we need to run it correctly. What is the name of the application?

• Moderators

BuddyList

Very good ... Now where do we download it?

Firelord, just stop being a prick ... either behave or move on somewhere else ....

Umm what are you talking about?

If you've got nothing helpful to contribute to this post then move along and quit spamming, ok?

Edited by FireLord

While Alive()
	 DrinkWine();
}
[center][/center]

• Developers

Umm what are you talking about?

If you've got nothing helpful to contribute to this post then move along and quit spamming, ok?

mmm guess you didn't understand ... I will help you a bit here... watch the light blue squares change ...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)