To write a script.

Ancient

Hello everyone im new to these forums and am asking anyone who can offer their time to post some tips on scripting. like in the help file it has------> ; This is my first script

MsgBox(0, "My First Script!", "Hello World!")

And a msg box pops up saying "Hello World!" . well im having some diffuculty understanding the AutoIt Help file , im not too familiar with scripting.

Much appreciated ~Ancient

PS: sorry for the double Post i meant to click preview post but ended up with 2 posts .

Not only that but i just posted in the wrong post.. i have v3 not 2.. so if an admin will move my post or ill just wait it out till it expires and post in the right forum section next time.

Edited by Ancient

Could you be more specific? What don't you understand in the help file? What do you want to do with AutoIt?

If the introduction in the help file doesn't make sense, then I don't know what I can tell you here that would be of any assistance.

Look at examples for various functions is what I would recommend.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

I just wondered if you guys could post some examples of easy cool scripts like the ones AutoIt has in its examples.

Well the helpfile is great im sure that anyone who knows stuff about computers would understand it. But i know very little about computers and have a hard time understanding words withought having to read a 3 page article on the net for what it represents and what is its function(ex;DOS,REM).

I dont want to do anything with AutoIt i just want to learn to scripting for my own personal knowledge.

The first thing to understand is that (AU3, AHK) hackers actually like hard problems and good, thought-provoking questions about them. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here. If you give us an interesting question to chew on we'll be grateful to you; good questions are a stimulus and a gift. Good questions help us develop our understanding, and often reveal problems we might not have noticed or thought about otherwise. Among hackers, Good question! is a strong and sincere compliment.

Despite this, hackers have a reputation for meeting simple questions with what looks like hostility or arrogance. It sometimes looks like we're reflexively rude to newbies and the ignorant. But this isn't really true.

What we are, unapologetically, is hostile to people who seem to be unwilling to think or to do their own homework before asking questions ...

[more...]

:)

Autoit is a scripting\programming tool. People who use it for hacking are only a part of the overall users. Autoit is a another good langauge to learn. It can help ease some everyday routines that come along. Admins enjoy using it to help them out.

I used autoit 2 for quite some time, but the example that you give looks like au3?

Try practicing by making some simple scripts and reading through the entire help guide. Then come and ask for some help when needed. And, ensure you post in the correct forum.

Good luck.

:)

Edited by MHz

Thank you everyone for posting , i should of RTFM before i came here to post these questions which in truth had no meaning. I was just excited to learn and wanted to skip to the last chapter. I'm sorry if i wasted your time and i'm thankfull for your responce and encouragement.

- Ancient