Quikemail Email Client

BananaFredSoft

This is a file-based email client. You create a server in a folder in any computer, and it holds the messages etc. You keep the client on whatever PC you will access the server with. It doesn't require an internet connection, but it doesn't work with internet email addresses.

To set up a server and some accounts:

1. Run the server-setup script below and choose where you want to setup the server. It can be any folder, anywhere. Make sure that all the PCs you want to use Quikemail on have access to the server folder.

2. Run the account setup script as many times as you want. You can create as many accounts as you want on one PC, and they can be accessed by any PC with access to the server. If you need to, locate the server folder when it tells you to.

3. Run quikemail main client and login! Send email back and forth with other people, or to yourself.

It is encrypted, so people can't read your email unless they have your account name and password.

It is also portable, so take it wherever you go.

All scripts (server setup, account creator, and main client) are below.

Use it however you want!

P.S. If anyone wants, I will add attachment functionality.

Have fun! :)

Comments/suggestions welcome!

1. Server setup

[autoit]If MsgBox(4, "Server Setup", "Would you like to setup a QuikeMail server?") = 6 Then

$servrdir = FileSelectFolder("Select the dedicated server directory.", "")

DirCreate($servrdir & "\Users")

DirCreate($servrdir & "\MainPREFS")

IniWrite($servrdir & "\MainPREFS\prfs1.data", "Size", "Max User Account Size", InputBox("Server Setup", "Enter the maximum account size (in bytes)", 10000000))

MsgBox(0, "Server", "Server created in " & $servrdir)

EndIf

Edited by BananaFredSoft

Your welcome.

I like this alot, how long did it take you to code this?

It's really good quality. ;):P

Hmmm... I don't think it took me that long to make this. I'm not really sure, since I made it a while ago.