Send errormessage from user to me

Term!nX

Hi there!

I need a function that can send text via email, or to a webserver, never mind for the main it should arrive. So when my program gots an error, the user should be able to write a little report, that'll be send to me. I thought of Inetsmtpmail, but there are no smtp servers without authentication. And I do not want to write my mail and password into the inetsmtpmailcom function of Jos. The same with sending a textfile to an ftp server. I got to write my user and pass and I strongly want to avoid this, since there are decompilers for autoitscripts. Do you know a way to send this little report anywhere, so that I am able to read it?

Greetings

Hi there!

I need a function that can send text via email, or to a webserver, never mind for the main it should arrive. So when my program gots an error, the user should be able to write a little report, that'll be send to me. I thought of Inetsmtpmail, but there are no smtp servers without authentication. And I do not want to write my mail and password into the inetsmtpmailcom function of Jos. The same with sending a textfile to an ftp server. I got to write my user and pass and I strongly want to avoid this, since there are decompilers for autoitscripts. Do you know a way to send this little report anywhere, so that I am able to read it?

Greetings

Newer versions of AutoIt cannot easily be decompiled, and if you use obfuscation then it's pretty safe.

If you have a website you can use then you could use ftp. I do that with one of my programs. If the user has a problem he can choose to send a report. He's asked for comments etc, and when he sends the report a little AutoIt script is called which sends it with a log number and a copy of all the data he was using to a web site. Then I have another little AutoIt script which I use to checks to see if there is a new report and if so download it.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• Developers

I would not put in any UserId and Password in the script that you don't want to get known...

Are you going to use this on the Internet ?

Are the people that get your script familiar with you wanting to do this ?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi,

I will share this program with anyone on the net. Even with potential bad guys. So "not easily" decompiled is not enough. I could register a freemail account, but even if someone knows ID and PW of the freemail, he can do alot of nonsense with it. I want to avoid this :P