What would you do?

Hey everyone,

I've come across a pretty strange problem, and was just wondering what the best solution is. I'll explain it as best/briefly as possible:

I created a script that opens my internet browser, (mozilla firefox) clicks a link, goes back to the home page, clicks another link, goes back to the home page etc. The problem is that every 50 or so links, a page will come up that asks me to 'select the correct picture'. It will say like: "Click the word fat in the next 30 seconds." Below that there will be two pictures with text on them, one that says fat, another that says aihoai or other random letters. If you click on the wrong one, you get one strike. If you get to ten strikes, your account is deleted.

What would be the best solution to make the script automatically select the right picture?

Thanks

I know what you are doing. I had thought of doing it myself, but playing with any of the internet explorers is hard plus I decided I didnt want to get internet traffic that way.

What you might try though is a Pixel search of some sort.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not really sure how to use PixelSearch. Since you know what I am trying to do, do you think it is possible?

Edit: When I say it, I mean making the script automatically click the right button.

Edited by cougarelite

Possible with alot of envolvement yes... If a person can see it evaluate it and respond then there is probably a way to automate it. Check the helpfile on pixelchecksum and the pixel functions.

That is all I can think of to offer right now as I never got that far into the program.

Edit: Maybe a screen shot my help. Just the box we need to see not your whole desktop. You also could make it click 50 links... then wait for human intervention. Another idea that just popped into my head... Windows allows you to make the mouse move over the default button (as well as make it the selected button) see what that does for you. If the default button is always right then that was easy. If it is always wrong still easy. If it varies then there is the possibility of a pattern. Just do some research is the best advice I can offer.

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Possible with alot of envolvement yes... If a person can see it evaluate it and respond then there is probably a way to automate it. Check the helpfile on pixelchecksum and the pixel functions.

That is all I can think of to offer right now as I never got that far into the program.

Edit: Maybe a screen shot my help. Just the box we need to see not your whole desktop. You also could make it click 50 links... then wait for human intervention. Another idea that just popped into my head... Windows allows you to make the mouse move over the default button (as well as make it the selected button) see what that does for you. If the default button is always right then that was easy. If it is always wrong still easy. If it varies then there is the possibility of a pattern. Just do some research is the best advice I can offer.

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive been guiding him along the way since yesterday when he began the hunt to make this macro//automation for the proccess. And indeed i believe its alot for autoit to hand , especially if its going to be his 2nd/3rd macro heh.

This is how it works, it prompts him to select a image of a word , I.e Love or SIKXSLDX

They are written in a grey box in black text in the SAME font and colors over and over.

'So the first issue is to get Autoit to recognize the letters (As i said they dont change font, size/ or anything to my knowledge)

+Also to have it search for a Phrase and set a variable , the variable = To the word he needs to click

+Getting it to translate that variable and then click the corresponding image by detecting the lettering thru pixel.

The image location changes , also the image file is conveniently a random number (1300230402) so our first ideal to have it determine and click the corresponding img to the word would not happen.

Now if he fails to pass the test (I.e a slipup.... why he cant just run a repeating script) itll cancel out his actions for X ammount of time (Not allowing him to do anything)

And yes I considered theyd put it on the same side each time but thats no dice :)

Hope i shedded some light on this , hes tryin g to figure out where to begin with it so i figure ill help him on the way; I however have no understanding of autoits language or powers (In depth) to help him ; so were kind relying on others aide

Take a look at the source. If they were smart they used a random, and some sort of text to image type serverside.

IF so, might be out of luck, but they also may have been lazy and just used two gifs or jpgs. In that case, you may find a patern, and you could dump the source to a file or memory, and find the link to click on.

Just a though...

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

These are all great suggestions, but I still haven't figured this out. The URL to the pictures are something like: www.site.com/afsioajsfiohwonaoifn2rin80gfn2i09.jpg, so that complicates things. I just typed out a really long post with an idea, but noticed that it would not work. Is there a way to like... make AutoIt read the word that needs to be clicked, then match each letter of the word with a picture of that letter (I'd have a picture of each letter on file), have all the pictures joined together, and then click on the button that looks the same on my browser? That is confusing :)

By the way, here is a screenshot of hte page: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/cougarelite/test2.jpg

Edited by cougarelite

My hints on where to start is read the helpfile. If you have enough time and motivation I feel that this could certainly be done in AutoIt. You will have to search the window that pops up for the proper colors, and then get location... could you give an example screen shot?

Also have you tried the default answer thing I had suggested?

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

My hints on where to start is read the helpfile. If you have enough time and motivation I feel that this could certainly be done in AutoIt. You will have to search the window that pops up for the proper colors, and then get location... could you give an example screen shot?

Also have you tried the default answer thing I had suggested?

Thanks,

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I just added it in the post above, and no I haven't tried your default suggestion. I'm going to go re-read it now. Me and lotox came up with this idea:

Somehow, make AutoIt detect when a test page has come up, then have the script freeze itself, and play a really loud noise. This way I can be out of the room and run in and click the correct button myself.

Edited by cougarelite

Yeah, I just added it in the post above, and no I haven't tried your default suggestion. I'm going to go re-read it now. Me and lotox came up with this idea:

Somehow, make AutoIt detect when a test page has come up, then have the script freeze itself, and play a really loud noise. This way I can be out of the room and run in and click the correct button myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That certainly can be done. I suggested something similar above or meant to. You can have AutoIt play any sound you please. You can have the script stop every 50 links and play a song or sound which would trigger you to enter the room and make the correct selection.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

That certainly can be done. I suggested something similar above or meant to. You can have AutoIt play any sound you please. You can have the script stop every 50 links and play a song or sound which would trigger you to enter the room and make the correct selection.

JS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is probably the easiest/best bet as of right now. I just wish I could figure out how to make it click the correct button so I could leave and have dinner or something and not worry at all. Please keep trying to think of some ways to make it work lol. By the way, you have 600 seconds (10 minutes) to click the button, so there is a LOT of time to have the script find the right button. Oh, and, is there an AutoIt code that searches for a certain bit of text? I would do this, and search for "Click the word" and if it comes back true, I would tell it to Goto: something.

Yes you could search a string for certain text... StringInStr() comes to mind. Then you could some how do a pixelated search to make it click the correct confirmation screen.

Edit: From the sounds of things, if I were in your shoes I would just go with the easy option for now. If that doesnt suite your needs then get hard on that helpfile. It contains a wealth of information. If you have any questions about anything make sure you come to the forum (after having read the helpfile) post a topic with your buggy code and we will do our best to help you debug it.

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

External Links

It is not hard to make something that would be hard to script, here is an example of how text becomes a gif.

text to picture

it doesn't really take much programming to random this type of thing as well. Mine is really simple, and only has a few lines in it. main one is just a simple PHP function:

imagestring ($im, $font, 0, 0, $string, $text_color);

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

A screen shot or some way of seeing what you see (url) would be facilitating.

Lar.

Here's a screenshot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/cougarelite/test2.jpg

It is not hard to make something that would be hard to script, here is an example of how text becomes a gif.

text to picture

it doesn't really take much programming to random this type of thing as well. Mine is really simple, and only has a few lines in it. main one is just a simple PHP function:

imagestring ($im, $font, 0, 0, $string, $text_color);

The link isn't working:O Thanks for the help though :)

after clicking for about 2 hours I got these letters:

i=1,0,97911511

e=72,191,3607100537

o=1,0,97911511

m=0,0,97911511

y=2,219,3897970901

it takes a long time before you get the page with the question:

the question in this case was click on MOMMY :

MOMMY in the question was a different font so you'll have to check for that font as well

the links are generated randomly (links to the jpg pictures) and they are deleted after a few minutes

well the second time I tried I got this:

m=0,1,100467454

o=0,0,100467454

y=0,-1,1

w=2,0,338560429

e=72,193,77882742

i=45,191,909145352

g=4,191,572920978

h=5,69,2086275748

t=11,193,2795782825

s=21,103,4036219904

l=45,193,3275077186

f=4,193,2818317588

notice that "o" "y" "m" have different coordinates the 2nd time around :)

,however; I noticed something interesting "the RIGHT WORD to click is always the last one to load. is there a way to see which image loads first?

maybe look for the Image broken link as this is what is displayed before the image loads

good luck