sqlite count(*) records

autoitxp

hi

I have little problem counting records for sqllite db this code is nt displaying any records then 0 why is that ? and other question is wat if i want to execute this

_SQlite_Query(-1, "select count(*) from " & " " & $mytable & " " & ";" ,$hQuerys)

again and again is it slow down performance if Yes then wat method is better to execute query countiniously

kindly help and i donno about wat exactly

_SQLite_QueryFinalize and _SQLite_QueryFinalize

do.

func _count()

_SQLite_Startup ()

_SQLite_Open ($mydb)

_SQlite_Query(-1, "select count(*) from " & " " & $mytable & " " & ";" ,$hQuerys)

_SQLite_FetchData ($hQuerys, $sOut)

_GUICtrlStatusBarSetText($StatusBar , Number($sOut))

_SQLite_Close ($mydb)

_SQLite_Shutdown ()

EndFunc

Edited by autoitxp

hi

I have little problem counting records for sqllite db this code is nt displaying any records then 0 why is that ? and other question is wat if i want to execute this

again and again is it slow down performance if Yes then wat method is better to execute query countiniously

kindly help and i donno about wat exactly do.

The data returned by _SQLite_FetchData ($hQuerys, $sOut) is an array even if there can only be one value returned by count(*). When accessing an array without an index it always equates to "" in AutoIt. Therefore Number("") = 0. Try Number($sOut[0])

func _count()
    _SQLite_Startup ()
    _SQLite_Open ($mydb)
    _GUICtrlStatusBarSetText($StatusBar , Number($sOut[0]))
    _SQLite_Close ($mydb)
    _SQLite_Shutdown ()
EndFunc

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

Thanks it works now wat if i execute this function again and again is it effect any bad in my script ? and when and where to use

func _count()
    _SQLite_Startup ()
    _SQLite_Open ($mydb)
    _SQLite_Close ($mydb)
    _SQLite_Shutdown ()
EndFunc

Thanks it works now wat if i execute this function again and again is it effect any bad in my script ? and when and where to use

func _count()
    _SQLite_Startup ()
    _SQLite_Open ($mydb)
    _SQLite_Close ($mydb)
    _SQLite_Shutdown ()
EndFunc
It's not clear from what you have posted so far why you need to keep checking the database for the number of records in $mytable?

_SQLite_QueryFinalize basically tells SQLite that you do not want to retrive any more data from this query not really neccessary for a select count(*) query.

The correct way to use it is

func _count
    _SQLite_Startup ()
    _SQLite_Open ($mydb)
        _SQLite_QueryFinalize
    _SQLite_Close ($mydb)
    _SQLite_Shutdown ()
EndFuncoÝ÷ Øò¢æ«yÆ¥)යw-Ü¢éí©ò¶)²)ò¢êìr¸©¶+pY[z«¢rG«ü¨º^Ø^u«Zm«¢wjÛazËZ®Úʬr¸©µ©ÝrZ,z+péò¢èZ½çâ+!yÜ"¶­ÞÅ©©æ®¶­sbõ5ÆFUõ7F'GW¢õ5ÆFUô÷Vâb33c¶×F" ¢vÆRb33c·6ö×Fæu÷FõöFð¢´Fò7GVf`¢²ââà ¢ö6÷VçB²F7Æ&V6÷&B6÷VçBâ7FGW2&" ¢´FòÖ÷&R7GVf`¢²ââà ¢tVæ@ ¢õ5ÆFUô6Æ÷6Rb33c¶×F"¢õ5ÆFUõ6WFF÷vâ ¤W@ ¦gVæ2ö6÷Vç@ õ5ÆFUõVW'ÓÂgV÷C·6VÆV7B6÷VçB¢g&öÒgV÷C²fײgV÷C²gV÷C²fײb33c¶×F&ÆRfײgV÷C²gV÷C²fײgV÷C³²gV÷C²Âb33c¶VW'2 õ5ÆFUôfWF6FFb33c¶VW'2Âb33c·4÷WB ôuT7G&Å7FGW4&%6WEFWBb33cµ7FGW4&"ÂçVÖ&W"b33c·4÷WE³Ò¢õ5ÆFUõVW'fæƦP¤VæDgVæ

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I hijack this thread, but I want to do something similar.

I tryed to modify the script from Bowmore, but I can't get it to work :)

What I want to do is get the number of records to a variable.

This is what I want:

$Count = _SQLite_Exec (-1, "Select count(*) from wai_data where Hostname='"&@Computername&"';")

And I want output like $Count = 8

Why is this so hard?