Get Messages from Other processes

fanoI

I've a very simple AutoIt script that creates a simple empty hided gui:

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)

$hGUI      = GUICreate("Test", 100, 100,1,1)

While 1 
    $GUIMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $GUIMsg
          Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
          ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

I'want to receive a message from the Girder software using the SendMessage action ... I've "piked" the hidden window "test",

as I've done with Mp, but now how I can read the text that girder sends me?

I supposed to use GUIGetMsg(), but it seems to have only "system events" (close and so on...) and system defined events...

Thanks for your help...

fanoI

Edited by fanoI

I've a very simple AutoIt script that creates a simple empty hided gui:

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)

I'want to receive a message from the Girder software using the SendMessage action ... I've "piked" the hidden window "test",

as I've done with Mp, but now how I can read the text that girder sends me?

fanoI

I don't understand what you saying here so can you translate it? "piked" doesn't mean anything to mean unless it's something to do with a fish, what is the window "test"?, and I have no idea what you did to poor Mp whoever he is but I hope he didn't mind being piked.

How do you know that the Girder program is sending a message to you?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I don't understand what you saying here so can you translate it? "piked" doesn't mean anything to mean unless it's something to do with a fish, what is the window "test"?, and I have no idea what you did to poor Mp whoever he is but I hope he didn't mind being piked.

How do you know that the Girder program is sending a message to you?

I don't know what "picked" is... it's Girder that use this strange term to indicate the window to send the message... the window "test" is created by the code:

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 100, 100,1,1)

MP is Mediaportal a HTPC program and Girder comunicates with in this way (Girder is used for send message n correspondence of remote commander key pression: I press play, Girder send "p" to Mediaportal).

Thanks Uten tonight I will test the PostMessage routine :P

fanoI