Spotlight 1.0

themax90

Spotlight 1.0 has been released! Unlike AutoIt-ITS, Spotlight is revolutionary. Spotlight utilizes AnyGUI's UDFs to load new pre-compiled scripts into the mainframe. If you wanted to work a script, or multiple AutoIt scripts from one window - Spotlight can do the task.

Although Spotlight is built for game automation, it can clearly be expanded to any task. You code like a normal script (making sure there are no stalls[if you have a planned stall, then include the Listen() function in the loop]).

Copy of EoN post

Spotlight by AutoIt Smith

A community based project for gamers by gamers

Copyright 2007 - ITS Games LLC - All Rights Reserved

Announcement : The installer will be made available soon.

Announcement : Spotlight 1.0 has been released.

Current Actions:

Building Fisher Addon.

To Do List :

Develop Fisher Addon.
Develop Movement and AI of Detection Engine.

Followed by....
Develop Bot Addon.
Test and Debug Entire Project. If Needed.
Official 1.0 Release

Installer : Almost Completed

Zip : http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/AutoIt%20Smith/Spotlight/Spotlight.zip

Hosting Directory : http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/AutoIt%20Smith/Spotlight/

Current FAQ : http://www.edgeofnowhere.cc/viewtopic.php?p=3326470#3326470 - or in the Readme.

Updated : Sunday, November 25th, 2007 - 8:55pm PST ( GMT - 8 )

Last Update View Count : 53548

All files and source are in the hosting directory, included in the zip, and are optional upon installation. Spotlight is open source - but before you edit anything please view the readme.

Readme *Not Complete - Convert to Helpfile?*

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/AutoIt%20Smith/Spotlight/Readme.txt

The Birth of Spotlight by AutoIt Smith (A Short Story)

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/AutoIt%20Smith/Spotlight/Birth%20of%20Spotlight.txt

Required Files

Mainframe aka Spotlight

Mainframe and GUI of Spotlight - controls addons and environment information.

Addons, Tools, and Extras

World of Warcraft Fisher by AutoIt Smith

In Development

Generic Data Tool

Get Title, Handle, Process, PID, and Visible Text of the active window.
Get Mouse ratios according to active window and desktop.
Calculate window size ratios according to desktop.
Log and save data.

To freeze the GUI from updating press F3.
If you don't want the window on top then click the Toggle button.

Enjoy - Will help alot with bot makers.

Addon Template

A template that has the Spotlight environment built into it - for use in developing new addons..

Development Team Openings

Currently I am looking for a web designer and a help file writer. All work is volunteer and you will have credit for your work.

Enjoy.

~Smith Edited by AutoIt Smith

You say it's great, but your description does nothing for me. I'm not a gamer, so it may be lost on me, but I have no clue what this is.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Okkey this ( Generic Data.exe ) looks pretty useless to me you can use better tool like AutoIt Window Info(built in autoit...) to get window info .

& I think this ( Spotlight.exe) is ment for managing all your game bots witch you can load from Addons folder. But im not shure...

Aside from all this: There are no comments in the Source.... Spotlight.exe Script Ties to act as a server (thats what my firewall said...) WTF..why? .. this really sounds fishy....I dont advise to let it connect to the inteernet....

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

@goldenix - Sounds fishy? I've been a member here for 3 years, it's not like I'm a bot or a newbie. Try reading the source - there is obvious use of TCP for communication. O and BTW - it doesn't connect to the internet - it connects to 127.0.0.1 or whatever @IpAddress1 is. Basically, it's connecting to yourself.

Generic Data pulls ratios because AutoIt Window Info doesn't and people aren't going to download and install AutoIt to use it - that's simple enough.

Spotlight is the interface that communicates with each addon. The addon is like a normal script - except the GUI is built into the main Spotlight GUI - effectively letting you use multiple scripts in one window. To communicate to the addon it uses TCP, try reading the source - it's included in the installer and zip.......

Open up addon here.au3 - do you see where it says this?

; =========== Edit your GUI Stuff inbetween here ===========
Global $Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Um test", 15, 0)
; =========== Edit your GUI Stuff inbetween here ===========

That's where your GUI goes....

While 1
; All your ctrl info...
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $Msg
        Case $Button
            MsgBox(0, "Exiting...", "Um test was pressed, and not exiting Addon Here template.")
            ExitLoop
    EndSwitch

That's where your loop goes in response to the controls.

The rest of the script is just the environment.

Edited by AutoIt Smith

Dont forget that not all people have the same knowlege lvl as you, Nor can they read your mind. & if you dont explain good enough what is this thing for, how to use it, how it works & why it works that way. It is only natural for others to doubt in your code.

So I dont get it, Why it must use TCP to communicate with your addon/bot, Explain please ? Whats the point? what do you mean by communicating( isnt this only a launcher to start other compiled exes?

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

Dont forget that not all people have the same knowlege lvl as you, Nor can they read your mind. & if you dont explain good enough what is this thing for, how to use it, how it works & why it works that way. It is only natural for others to doubt in your code.

So I dont get it, Why it must use TCP to communicate with your addon/bot, Explain please ? Whats the point? what do you mean by communicating( isnt this only a launcher to start other compiled exes?

Well no, it's a controller and multi-tasking engine. It uses TCP to communicate because Filebased is inefficient. The addon needs to know when to show or hide it's info, as well as update variables. It's like a call response mechanism.

Take a look at addon here.au3 and the listen function.

$Data = "show" - what does that mean.....

Show addon

Check data? - vars - win handle, process, pid, and if Spotlight is even active.

I feel it's rather stupid to need to comment every single line. I'm working on a helpfile with layman's definitions.

Spotlight

Start ==> Load Button Clicked ==> Run Desired Program ==> Listen for it to update vars ==> Updated - Tell addon to start building GUI ==> Addon sends PID - Im building now ==> Builds GUI ==> Addon Sends PID - I'm done building now ==>Split Addon and Spotlight----------------

Addon ==> Normal Loop/Listens if it should be shown or hidden ===> Control tasks (example : Msgtbox with $button)

Spotlight ==> If Not TabSelected Then Send To Not Shown($addon) To Hide Else IsActive Then Show Addon.