Properly using @Error in functions

Can somebody point me in the right direction with this...

For instance this function, how do I clip it through with "If @Error" properly:

Func InetGetNow()
    Local $sTimeSource = _INetGetSource("http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5")
    Local $sBR = StringRegExp($sTimeSource, '(?i)<font size="5" color="white">(.*)<br>', 3)
    Return $sBR[0]
EndFunc

And any other exaples are welcome

Can somebody point me in the right direction with this...

For instance this function, how do I clip it through with "If @Error" properly:

Func InetGetNow()
    Local $sTimeSource = _INetGetSource("http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5")
    Local $sBR = StringRegExp($sTimeSource, '(?i)<font size="5" color="white">(.*)<br>', 3)
    Return $sBR[0]
EndFunc

And any other exaples are welcome

I prefer this kind of thing (note I changed the function name to _INetGetDate(), since you changed with the RegExp and it doesn't return time with the date now):

#include <INet.au3>

$sTime = _INetGetDate()
If @error Then
    MsgBox(16, "Error", "_INetGetDate() failed, @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Else
    MsgBox(64, "Success", "_INetGetDate() returned: " & $sTime)
EndIf

; On success returns date string
; On failure returns 0 and sets @error:
;   @error = 0  Not error
;   @error = 1  _INetGetSource() failed, @extended = @error returned by that function
;   @error = 2  StringRegExp() failed, @extended = @error returned by that function
Func _INetGetDate()
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, @error, 0)

If @error Then
        Return SetError(2, @error, 0)
    Else
        Return $sBR[0]
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_INetGetDate

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Nicely done...

So my assumption is that you can add the "If @ error" conditional statement to any function.

Hopefully that space in @error is just a typo. When any function is called in AutoIt, @error is forced to 0 by default and remains 0 unless changed by the function (or a function called within the function). The conditional test "If @error Then" checks @error for ANY other value besides 0, because any non-zero integer is a boolean TRUE for AutoIt.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law