compiling a script without version info?

John117

• Developers

Used the option in AutoIt3Wrapper that comes with SciTE4AutoIt3 which allows you to set all these to something else ......

Its all described in the Helpfile that comes with the installer..

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos -thanks for the response! That was the first place I looked. D:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui

I was thinking it should there maybe in run before/after but I am not sure what I should be doing here. I tried to search in the included help. only got misses. searched %fileversion%

• Developers

There is a separate tab in AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI for the resource info of the target program. It will require ResHacker but Tab will allow you to download and install it.

Then its just a matter of filling in the fields in AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui which will generate the required directives.

Not sure what helpfile you looked in but there is a page on it in the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile (Ctrl+F1) from within SciTE.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 months later...
  • Developers

With new version it doenst work anly longer :) can someone give me link to olf version of AutoIt3Wrapper ?

Could you tell me what doesn't work anymore and show an example of what you are doing and the output shown in SciTE ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

AU3 File for testing:

#Region;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Icons\filetype2.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=.\ReNameMe.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Place Comments Here
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Place Description Here
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.5
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=© 2007
#EndRegion;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 AutoIt Version:    3.2.10.0
 Author:            myName
 Date:              
 Script Function:   Template AutoIt script.
#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

Compile that using F7 in scite.

Now look at the properties of the EXE file, under the 'Version' tab.

How do you remove or change the 'CompiledScript' item?

I've tried using:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=CompiledScript|Change Me

But that just creates a second item named 'CompiledScript'.

I've also tried using the AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui.exe, but don't see that option listed anywhere.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

EDIT:

After some more experimenting, I find that the 'CompiledScript' value disapears is you add this line:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=1033

Don't know why that would have anything to do with 'CompiledScript', but it does get the value erased.

Edited by Jazkal

• Developers

The "CompiledScript" variable is a standard Version field that was put into compiled script a while ago and after an offline discussion amongst the Devs it was decided to leave that in the File's resources, also when updated by Autoit3Wrapper.

The "empty" value after specifying a different language is a BUG and will be fixed in the next version or AutoIt3Wrapper.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The "CompiledScript" variable is a standard Version field that was put into compiled script a while ago and after an offline discussion amongst the Devs it was decided to leave that in the File's resources, also when updated by Autoit3Wrapper.

The "empty" value after specifying a different language is a BUG and will be fixed in the next version or AutoIt3Wrapper.

Jos

So there will be no way to get rid of that field and value (once the bug is fixed) ?

• Moderators

So there will be no way to get rid of that field and value (once the bug is fixed) ?

The "CompiledScript" variable is a standard Version field that was put into compiled script a while ago and after an offline discussion amongst the Devs it was decided to leave that in the File's resources.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Maybe we should consider to leave it in as default but give an option to remove it.

Jos

Don't know why it's hard coded, but I'm sure ya'll had a reason... but the above would be a nice option ... Because those that want to remove are going to anyway :) ...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I agree too !

Me too.

There is also this if you look into the exe with some HexEditor

F i l e V e r s i o n    3 ,   2 ,   1 1 ,   1   b   C o m p i l e d S c r i p t   A u t o I t   v 3   S c r i p t   :   3 ,   2 ,   1 1 ,   1   D    V a r F i l e I n f o  $    T r a n s l a t i o n      °  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
    <assemblyIdentity
        type="win32"
        processorArchitecture="*"
        version="3.0.0.0"
        name="AutoIt3"
    />
    <description>AutoIt v3</description>

<!-- Identify the application security requirements. -->
    <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
        <security>
            <requestedPrivileges>
                <requestedExecutionLevel
                    level="asInvoker"
                    uiAccess="false"/>
            </requestedPrivileges>
        </security>
    </trustInfo>

<!-- Identify the application dependencies. -->
    <dependency>
        <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity
                type="win32"
                name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
                version="6.0.0.0"
                language="*"
                processorArchitecture="*"
                publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
            />
        </dependentAssembly>
    </dependency>
</assembly>

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times