Vista Inspirat Silent!

Hi!

I'm making a cd to install windows xp sp2+hotfixes in unattended mode.

When i will install windows xp i would like to install your shell pack too, vista inspirat ultimate 2

I would like to install it in silent mode (i know it's possible) but i would like to like to select (always in silent mode with some parameter) which applications to install (ubericon, rocket dock etc..)

so i have seen that maybe it is possible with autoit....i've downloaded a lot of tutorial and video tutorial but i don't understand how to use it with vispa inspirat ultimate: could you help me???

thank you very much!

sorry for my very bad english

Ruben

Hi!

I'm making a cd to install windows xp sp2+hotfixes in unattended mode.

When i will install windows xp i would like to install your shell pack too, vista inspirat ultimate 2

I would like to install it in silent mode (i know it's possible) but i would like to like to select (always in silent mode with some parameter) which applications to install (ubericon, rocket dock etc..)

so i have seen that maybe it is possible with autoit....i've downloaded a lot of tutorial and video tutorial but i don't understand how to use it with vispa inspirat ultimate: could you help me???

thank you very much!

sorry for my very bad english

Ruben

Video tutorial? There's a video tutorial for AutoIt? :P

Still, this is a support request for BricoPack Vista Inspirat Ultimate 2, and they seem to have their own support forum.

AutoIt can almost certainly perform the steps for the install, but you'll have to get the steps worked out first.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

yes i've found a video tutorial here

VIDEO TUTORIAL

you said

"AutoIt can almost certainly perform the steps for the install, but you'll have to get the steps worked out first."

can you help me to understand how??

Thanks for the link.

Have you worked out how to run them silently from a command line (i.e. with /q:a, /r:n, etc.)? Once you have that, it's just a matter of assembling the command line for each file and doing Run()/RunWait() with it.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

i know that it should be "pack-vista-inspirat-2-1.0.exe /S"....but i don't know how to use autoit....please help me!!

Read the help file under RunWait() and play with the examples (just run DIR, or notepad.exe to start with). If you get stuck post your code and you'll get plenty of help. If, however, you need someone to write it for you see the link to Rent-A-Coder in my sig.

Read the help file under RunWait() and play with the examples (just run DIR, or notepad.exe to start with). If you get stuck post your code and you'll get plenty of help. If, however, you need someone to write it for you see the link to Rent-A-Coder in my sig.

please can you explain better? becuse i don't understand wher i will found teh help file, where is runwait etc...

please can you explain better? becuse i don't understand wher i will found teh help file, where is runwait etc...

If you installed AutoIt, the help file is in the Start menu under AutoIt.

but i don't understand how to launch autoit...

OK, back to the basics. Download and install the current version of AutoIt (3.2.10.0) and the latest version of SciTE for AutoIt. When the installer for either of them gives you a radio button choice between Run or Edit the script, chose Edit to save yourself some hard lessons...

Launch SciTE. This is the editor you will write your scripts in. An AutoIt script file (.au3) is just a text file and could be written in Notepad.exe or Edit.com if you wanted, but SciTE makes it much easier.

Type in your script. This will do for starters:

MsgBox(64, "Hello", "Hello, world!")

Select File/Save and save your script with an .au3 extention.

If you hit F5 in ScitTE it will run your script.

If you hit F7 in SciTE it will "compile" your script as an .exe file that you can run on any Windows machine.

When you get that far, you'll be ready for the next lesson, "Wax On" and the much anticipated sequel lecture, "Wax Off".

lesson1 ok! and now???

Look in the help file at the RunWait() command and code yourself a short script that runs "notepad.exe", waits for it to exit, and then pops a MsgBox() that says Done!. (We're moving towards your installer in steps.) If you get stuck, post the code you are trying to use.

Edited by PsaltyDS