Error when running...

When I run my script it gives me an error about not parsing function and a line -1 I dont know how to fix this

Did I write something wrong?

Below is my script, edited for security reasons...

$username = InputBox("OLD LAPTOP USERNAME", "Please type in the User Name of the computer")

$ipaddress = InputBox("OLD LAPTOP IP ADDRESS", "Please type in the IpAddress of the computer")

$answer = MsgBox(4, "NEW OR UPDATE 7?", "If the OLD Laptop is a NEW IMAGE Click YES")

; Check the user's answer to the prompt, if Yes is clicked (6), it is a NEW image)
; If "No" was clicked (7) then it is a UPD 7 Image
If $answer = 6 Then; Handle NEW Image
    Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & 'net use X: \\' & $ipaddress & '\c$ password /user:' & $ipaddress & '\adminaccount /persistent:no', "", @SW_HIDE)
    SLEEP(15000)
    If FileExists("X:\") Then
         Run(@ComSpec & " /k " &  "xcopy ""X:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\my documents\*.*"" ""C:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\my documents\"" /e/f/y" , "", )
         Run(@ComSpec & " /k " &  "xcopy ""X:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\favorites\*.*"" ""C:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\favorites\"" /e/f/y" , "", ) 
         Run(@ComSpec & " /k " &  "xcopy ""X:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\Desktop\*.*"" ""C:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\Desktop\"" /e/f/y" , "", ) 
    Else
         MsgBox(0,"Error!", "Unable to map network drive.")
    EndIf

Else
    Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & 'net use X: \\' & $ipaddress & '\c$ password /user:' & $ipaddress & '\adminaccount /persistent:no', "", @SW_HIDE)
    SLEEP(15000)

Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & 'net use Y: \\' & $ipaddress & '\d$ password /user:' & $ipaddress & '\adminaccount /persistent:no', "", @SW_HIDE)
    SLEEP(15000)
    If FileExists("Y:\") Then
         Run(@ComSpec & " /k " &  "xcopy ""Y:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\my documents\*.*"" ""D:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\my documents\"" /e/f/y" , "", )
         Run(@ComSpec & " /k " &  "xcopy ""Y:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\favorites\*.*"" ""D:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\favorites\"" /e/f/y" , "", )
         Run(@ComSpec & " /k " &  "xcopy ""Y:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\Desktop\*.*"" ""C:\documents and settings\" & $username & "\Desktop\"" /e/f/y" , "", ) 
     Else 
    EndIf 
    If FileExists("X:\") Then
         Run(@ComSpec & " /k " &  'xcopy "X:\program files\ariss\db\*.*" "C:\program files\ariss\db\" /e/f' , "", )
         Run(@ComSpec & " /k " &  'xcopy "X:\program files\ariss\logs\*.*" "C:\program files\ariss\logs\" /e/f' , "", )
         Run(@ComSpec & " /k " &  'xcopy "X:\Girth\*.*" "C:\Girth\" /e/f/y' , "", )
         Run(@ComSpec & " /k " &  'xcopy "X:\epsq2xso\*.*" "C:\epsq2xso\" /e/f/y' , "", )
     Else 
    EndIf 
EndIf

• Developers

Use SciTE4AutoIt3 full installer that will run Au3check when you hit F5 and show you trhe errors.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Just add:

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)

And (when an error occur) look over tray icon to find the line number with error.

BTW, why aren't you using Run("C:\WINDOWS\NET.EXE ...") or Run("C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\XCOPY32.EXE ...")?

Using Comspec is not good solution in my opinion...

Edited by Jacek

• Developers

Just add:

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)

And (when an error occur) look over tray icon the line number.

BTW, why aren't you using Run("C:\WINDOWS\NET.EXE ...") or Run("C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\XCOPY32.EXE ...")?

Nah... this is about the syntax not being right .... that can easily be checked with au3check.

The Debug option is more for "runaway" scripts in my mind :P

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Just add:

Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1)

And (when an error occur) look over tray icon to find the line number with error.

Using Comspec is not good solution in my opinion...

That would not work at all on my computer whereas @comspec usually does.

I found out the issue early this morning. Thank you for your help.

It wasn't a syntax error, but it was if that makes sense...

The account on the old machine was a unique name, and the script was looking for y:\documents and settings\user\Desktop

when the account was named user documents... this was a unique instance one one machine out of 5000 that had an account incorrectly cached, so everything is good.

Thank you all for the assistance.

I found out the issue early this morning. Thank you for your help.

It wasn't a syntax error, but it was if that makes sense...

The account on the old machine was a unique name, and the script was looking for y:\documents and settings\user\Desktop

when the account was named user documents... this was a unique instance one one machine out of 5000 that had an account incorrectly cached, so everything is good.

Thank you all for the assistance.

Not a syntax error? How could you NOT have a syntax error from all those Run() lines that end with a comma and no parameter? Like this:

The syntax checker barfs on every line you did that.

Some languages accept blank parameters as "Default", but not AutoIt.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Not a syntax error? How could you NOT have a syntax error from all those Run() lines that end with a comma and no parameter? Like this:

The syntax checker barfs on every line you did that.

Some languages accept blank parameters as "Default", but not AutoIt.

:P

Yea, that was another error. See I used an old script, (I think version 2 I don't know but I picked up where someone left off from before...

they used the script like 4 years ago and it worked fine... Now we have to change out machines again and a lot has changed

I did descover that error after I fixed the previous username error. But at the time, I wasn't worried about that one. One step at a time ;)