Web site monitor

paullab

Sitecheck

Will poll a list of sites (actually URL's) at a set interval

If is has a problem it will pop a warning in the system tray as well as

send an e-mail to a specified list pf people.

Only a specified number of e-mails will be sent to avoid inbox overcrowding

This is reset once all sites are back up again an e-mail will be sent

if any site is found to be down again.

uses an ini file for configuration to make it easy to use and configure

CheckInterval = minutes between checks (default = 20 minutes)

NumberofMessagestoSend = Number of Messages to Send before waiting for a reset

MailServer = the ip address of the mail serever to use to relay

MailFrom = The address of the person the mail originates from

[siteurls] is a list of url's to check

[MailTo] is a list of people to alert.

Code and sample INI file attached

Sitecheck.au3

sitecheck.txt

Edited by paullab
Wallpaper Rotatorwith overlay, Loop through a folder of wallpaper & another of overlay, then create a combined image and set it as the wallpaperE-Mail passthru, Send any file, even executables via e-mail as plain text. The recipient can then later re-construct them.Slideshow widget, A slideshow widget similar to the Vista onePredictive typing using the Numpad, Predictive typing using the numpad of a keyboar similar to that on a mobile phone (the key is the .t16 file).PSTools Front End, For Remote Admin. Just makes life a lot easier (Demonstrates executing external programs and passing parameters, tabbed form Handling STDIN/STDERR)FTP Helper application Up and Download files from an FTP server demonstrates this and Tooltray TipsShow a Map of your Post-codes/Zip Codes, Uses the Clipboard, Hotkeys, the system tray (incl. menus)Disc/CD/DVD Catalogue, Ideal for all those Covermount Discs (Demonstrates Array handling, executing DOS programs, handling STDIN/STDOUT recursive directory reads, file searching.)YAST , Yet another Stopwatch/Timer (Uses a hotkey, Copies to clipboard, handles multiple events and stays on top)Keyboard Status Indicator , Indicates status of NumLock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock Keys, demonstrates API calling & System tray Icon Toggling

Hello,

the code looks very nice, I like it.

Just one little thing I saw from reading: you seem not to read "MailServer" from ini file,

it's clear that this is just an oversight.

Fixed. new file in original post,

Thanks

Wallpaper Rotatorwith overlay, Loop through a folder of wallpaper & another of overlay, then create a combined image and set it as the wallpaperE-Mail passthru, Send any file, even executables via e-mail as plain text. The recipient can then later re-construct them.Slideshow widget, A slideshow widget similar to the Vista onePredictive typing using the Numpad, Predictive typing using the numpad of a keyboar similar to that on a mobile phone (the key is the .t16 file).PSTools Front End, For Remote Admin. Just makes life a lot easier (Demonstrates executing external programs and passing parameters, tabbed form Handling STDIN/STDERR)FTP Helper application Up and Download files from an FTP server demonstrates this and Tooltray TipsShow a Map of your Post-codes/Zip Codes, Uses the Clipboard, Hotkeys, the system tray (incl. menus)Disc/CD/DVD Catalogue, Ideal for all those Covermount Discs (Demonstrates Array handling, executing DOS programs, handling STDIN/STDOUT recursive directory reads, file searching.)YAST , Yet another Stopwatch/Timer (Uses a hotkey, Copies to clipboard, handles multiple events and stays on top)Keyboard Status Indicator , Indicates status of NumLock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock Keys, demonstrates API calling & System tray Icon Toggling

uses an ini file for configuration to make it easy to use and configure

CheckInterval = minutes between checks (default = 20 minutes)

NumberofMessagestoSend = Number of Messages to Send before waiting for a reset

MailServer = the ip address of the mail serever to use to relay

MailFrom = The address of the person the mail originates from

[siteurls] is a list of url's to check

[MailTo] is a list of people to alert.

Code and sample INI file attached

Hallo, PaulIAb. First of all, thanks for sharing.

I miss something about some variables initialization (siteUrls section and array). Could you please attach a sample .INI?

I miss something about some variables initialization (siteUrls section and array). Could you please attach a sample .INI?

I have attached one as a txt file to the original post

• 6 years later...

Hi,

yes this post is very old ... but nonetheless, the provided solution would solve my problem. Unfortunately, there is an error in line 156 which I corrected(?) als follows:

$MailH[2] = "RCPT TO:"  & $MailTo[$loop][1] & @CRLF

E-mail seems to be broken. With 3.3.10.1, I get two error-messages in the tray icon:

"problem sending header" and "problem sendingMessage".

In line 144 I tried the right port for my provider:

$socket = TCPConnect( $MailServer, 25 )

Is anyone able to fix the problems or is there another script with similar funktions?

Thanks

merlinuwe