AutoIT for coorporate software installations?

Agathorn

Hi all!

I browsed the web for MSI installations and stumbled upon AutoIT which seems nice for automate software installations that doesn´t support sending switches to .exe or .msi installations.

I have a few questions I hope you can answer for me.

Does AutoIT support installing software from UNC network paths using another AD-account:s credentials? The software we distribute isn´t available to our users in our company and should stay that way.

We use "altiris" in our company and are able to send scripts to a computer and to define which AD account credentials should be used when executing the script? So do you think AutoIT is the way to go?

Seems easier then for example WISE studio and better to really. If it can be used the way I think.

Hope you understand what I´m after :P

cheers

David

• Developers

Does AutoIT support installing software from UNC network paths using another AD-account:s credentials? The software we distribute isn´t available to our users in our company and should stay that way.

It sure can.. RunAsSet() can be used to set an alternate credential and UNC's are supported.

:P

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)