MD5 Rainbow Table

jvanegmond

Interesting. I'd heard that MD5 had been cracked, but I didn't realize it was so simple.

Found a bug with your app though, I checked three hashes, and as it was checking the third I got an error ("The requested action with this object has failed."). Oddly, I have not found a standard way to reproduce it. I just have to keep throwing new hashes at it until it drops.

Interesting. I'd heard that MD5 had been cracked, but I didn't realize it was so simple.

Found a bug with your app though, I checked three hashes, and as it was checking the third I got an error ("The requested action with this object has failed."). Oddly, I have not found a standard way to reproduce it. I just have to keep throwing new hashes at it until it drops.

I registered AutoIt.Error event to an empty function. That should keep the errors from coming directly at you.. I don't think a better error handler will be necessary.

• 4 weeks later...

I thanked you in the comments. I got it from someone else at first, so I didn't know who was the original author of the engine.

You did? Oh wells. Got it from System?
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

I also check mine against Argon. Well, for the ones I use regulary.

Edit, you should make it work both ways. Encrypt and Decrypt.

Why bother adding encrypting? From what I understand this tool is just to reveal what the string that produced the digest is.

• 2 months later...

Nice script man, i love the GUI for it.

Is there any guide to making a GUI like that? It seems very interesting and i could definitely use it in an upcoming application i'm writing for a friend :)

Keep up the good work Manadar

My scripts:AppLauncherTRAY - Awesome app launcher that runs from the system tray NEW VERSION! | Run Length Encoding - VERY simple compression in pure autoit | Simple Minesweeper Game - Fun little game :)My website

Nice script man, i love the GUI for it.

Is there any guide to making a GUI like that? It seems very interesting and i could definitely use it in an upcoming application i'm writing for a friend :)

Keep up the good work Manadar

A guide? Interesting idea.

I took the base from here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47651

I had to modify it somewhat to work with the latest beta, and a few other changes.

I'll try to work out a guide, but don't expect it within the month. ;)