Searching through Listview items

How do i search through listview items NAMES for specific text in each listview item's name?

First off what version of AutoIt do you have installed? Second, have you REALLY looked through the UDFs to see what functions are available? In the help file go to User Defined Functions>>Listview Management. You should be able to find all the Listview functionality you need.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

First off what version of AutoIt do you have installed? Second, have you REALLY looked through the UDFs to see what functions are available? In the help file go to User Defined Functions>>Listview Management. You should be able to find all the Listview functionality you need.

I'm using 3.2.8.1 and I looked through the helpfiles and was also referred to the UDF _GUICtrlListViewFindItem() but it can't search from any part of the listview item name. It can only search partial from the beginning...

@Fossil Rock

Are you sure that's for 3.2.8.1?

Sure am Ace ... :) but you'll need A3LListView.au3 (which someone who will remain nameless *FREDDIE* deleted).

Another option is to use it's equivalent in 3.2.10.0.... _GUICtrlListView_FindInText().

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

I get an error saying: Use GUICtrlDelete to delete item. Or if item was created with UDF functions MAKE sure to pass in handle to control NOT the controlid

when i do this:

$RemainListViewItems = _GUICtrlListView_FindInText($aListview, "Pot Limit", -1, True, False)
                _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem($aListview, $RemainListViewItems)

I want to delete the listview item that has the text "Pot Limit" anywhere in the name.

Edited by JesusIsKing

I get an error saying: Use GUICtrlDelete to delete item. Or if item was created with UDF functions MAKE sure to pass in handle to control NOT the controlid

when i do this:

$RemainListViewItems = _GUICtrlListView_FindInText($aListview, "Pot Limit", -1, True, False)

I want to delete the listview item that has the text "Pot Limit" anywhere in the name.

What client are you using?

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

when i do this:

Do you know why I am getting this error?

It's called Full Tilt Poker.

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com

Ok, I don't think you're going to be able to delete anything, but you can filter with FTP's options. Go to the edit tab and uncheck anything you don't want to show up in the list. From there you'll use the custom tab which will only list what you want to search through (btdt).

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

Ok, I don't think you're going to be able to delete anything, but you can filter with FTP's options. Go to the edit tab and uncheck anything you don't want to show up in the list. From there you'll use the custom tab which will only list what you want to search through (btdt).

I guess I mislead you. I have a program I scripted that shows currently opened tables for the Full Tilt Application in my own listview. I want to scan that listview for listview item names that have the word "Pot Limit" and if found delete them.

But I am having trouble achieving this. How?

Ah ... for 3.2.10.0 use _GUICtrlListViewDeleteItem() and for 3.2.8.1 use _ListView_DeleteItem().

I think it's _GUICtrlListView_DeleteItem() because when I did _GUICtrlListViewDeleteItem() it said unknown function name. Also, I'm still getting that same error.