Prevent "net use" and "net share" while exams?

Hi,

we have a PC-Pool with 34 Win2k-Clients. During tests or exams no computer should be able to make a connection (with net use) to any other computer. My idea was to send the command "psexec -d \\<workstation> "net share * /delete" or the command i.e. "IF EXIST P: NET USE P: /DELETE" to each PC -lets say- every minute...

The question is: How to do that with AutoIt? There must some kind of Timer function. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Hi,

we have a PC-Pool with 34 Win2k-Clients. During tests or exams no computer should be able to make a connection (with net use) to any other computer. My idea was to send the command "psexec -d \\<workstation> "net share * /delete" or the command i.e. "IF EXIST P: NET USE P: /DELETE" to each PC -lets say- every minute...

The question is: How to do that with AutoIt? There must some kind of Timer function. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Why not simply disconnect them from Internet?

Edit: Actually, there are "Sleep", "Run", "TimerInit" and "TimerDiff" commands, try them.

Edited by i542

I can do signature me.

• Developers

Do you need connectivity to the PC's or do these PC's need any connectivity to anything else during these tests/exams ?

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

The reason for asking is that if not connectivity is needed at all during Exams, you could use PSEXEC to upload an AutoIt3 script to all PC's and run it and that script would keep running for the time provided disabling all network connectivity.

At the end of the period it could restore the network settings and stop running.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I would write a script to replace the utils in question. Make the script pop up a message that only the instructor will be able to clear. This pop up can display what command was attempted basically letting the instructor know the user was attempting something that is not allowed.

Are the commands possibly being used to cheat? If so, they just failed the exam due to (attempted) cheating.

Agreement is not necessary - thinking for one's self is!

My-Colors.jpg

cuniform2.gif

• Developers

Hmm -- normally they dont need any connectivity but I cannot grant that for future exams. So it would be better simply to prevent all kind of "net.exe" Use for all Users

But just disabling the use of net.exe won't be enough since they could still go into Explorer and type \\pcname\sharename ... right ?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Disable net send by stopping the Messenger service

Disable net use by disable File and Printer Sharing service + Disable Server service

This seems to be the best way to do it ... do you know the names of these Services?

(I guess you don't have any german version? :)^_^ )

Hmm -- normally they dont need any connectivity but I cannot grant that for future exams. So it would be better simply to prevent all kind of "net.exe" Use for all Users

I don't know in what kind of network you are, but if it is a domain, you can also ask the one that has access to the DC.

Edit: .. and I am not talking about Direct Current here.. You figure it out.. :)

Edited by Manadar

• 2 weeks later...