New Scite4AutoIt3 installer

Jos

• Developers

This customised versions of Scite has the following functionality:*Customised Syntax highlighting.

*AutoComplete AutoIt3 commands automatically (suggest the option in a dropdownbox while typing), just hit ENTER or TAB to Autocomplete.)

*AutoComplete anything already in the script, like variable and Func names, with Ctrl+Enter.

*Intellisense (Show a ToolTip with the parameter expected in the selected function).

*Code folding for easy code viewing.

Don't you think those Helpfiles are great??? :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh - help files....

:"> The're even better when someone points out what line to read !! :">

Sorry chaps - I've been using this Scite stuff for ages and didn't know you could do this - all that endlss scrolling to the top to the script to check on declared vars --what an idiot!!! :)

Thanks

That makes ScIte even better !! well done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

Updated the installer so that all utilities now properly handle the new Registry location for AutoIt3 v 3.0.103. It also include Larry's new AU3recorder !!.

SciTE Download page

Enjoy,

All changes:

11/26/2004
*** Fixed AU3Check: to properly handle the new registry settings for AutoIt2 v 3.0.103.
*** Fixed CompileAU3 registry check.... 
*** Updated AU3Recorder with Larry's new AU3 recorder.
*** Changed sciteGlobal.properties default Lexer to au3. This will start the AU3 lexer for new files. 
*** Changed the color of the Scite Line numbers to be able to print them.
*** SciTE Lexer: Fixed SyntaxHighligthing for Unterminated strings on a continuation line.
*** Tidy 1.0.27:
    - Fixed Unterminated string on a continuation line bug.
    - Added marker in the documentation to indicate variables that only occur once.
    - Added markers in the documentation for ContinueLoop and ExitLoop.
    e.g.:
       0011  |  +-While 1
       0012  |  |  +-While 1
       0013  |  |  |  +-While 1
       0014  |  |  |  |    $x = 1
       0015  |  |  |  |  +-If $a = $b Then
       0016  |  ^--|--|--|----ContinueLoop 3
       0017  |  |  |  |  +-EndIf
       0018  |  |  ^--|----ContinueLoop 2
       0019  |  |  |  |  +-If $b = $c Then
       0020  |  v--|--|--|----ExitLoop 3
       0021  |  |  |  |  +-EndIf
       0022  |  |  |  +-Wend
       0023  |  |  +-Wend
       0024  |  +-Wend
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which contains definitions for v 3.0.103.118 released today.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

EDIT: Found an issue with the SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which would erase the autoit3dir= in AU3.Properties... this is now fixed!

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@JdeB

Seems to be a problem with the SciLexer.dll in your latest release. Underscores in variables ? seem to affect everything below to turn dark blue. Have found some lines will not work with Ctrl+Q?

$usera = GUIRead($inp_
As typing the line above (incomplete, as script font changes before I can finish), this affects all font below.

I have replaced the SciLexer.dll, with one from previous install. Cannot seem to duplicate the dark blue effect on the font now.

Can you check this please.

Yes, know of this thread, this-is-me

But even finishing the line above displayed and closing it with a bracket. The dark blue font still affects in all lines below. I'm plan to keep using the old SciLexer.dll til this is sorted. Nothing worse then seeing, most of my script turn blue. Yet alone, if any permanent damage may happen from this bug.

Thanks for the thread tip.

• Developers

Yes, know of this thread, this-is-me

But even finishing the line above displayed and closing it with a bracket. The dark blue font still affects in all lines below. I'm plan to keep using the old SciLexer.dll til this is sorted. Nothing worse then seeing, most of my script turn blue. Yet alone, if any permanent damage may happen from this bug.

Thanks for the thread tip.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mhz, i cannot get it to go wrong with your example line...

Can you PM we a script-let that has this issue or explain what i need to do to get it wrong ?

Is your DarkBlue the color for a String or something else ?

The Block comment (Ctrl+Q) issue you mention, is that related to this continuation thing ?

ps. the lexer does only Syntax highlighting and folding so will never change any textual thing in your source ... worse thing would be wrong color or folds. :)

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Mhz, thanks for the info you sent. With that i could replicate the lexer issue.

The SciLexer.dll on the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page should fix the issue of wrong Color Highlighting in the situation you mentioned.

The Ctrl+Q seems to have a limit of 1000 characters on a line. :)

This is a SciTE internal setting, but i don't really see this as an issue .... :)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which contains definitions for v 3.0.103.127 released today and the fixed SciLexer.dll.

Its a small installer that will patch your current installation with the updated files.

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which contains definitions for v 3.0.103.128 released Dec 1 and also contains below updates.

Its a small installer that will patch your current installation with the updated files.

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extra's you get with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

Enjoy,

12/05/2004
*** Contains Definitions for Unstable v3.0.103.128 (dec 1) version.
*** Updated AU3Check ver 1.16:
   - Supporting New Func syntax.
   - Supporting New and Old AutoIt3 registry settings.
*** CompileAU3: recompiled with latest version which will now show status messages during process.
*** Fixed SciLexer Syntax HighLighting issue.
*** Tidy 1.27.4:
    - Fixed issue when more than 50 lines are used in a single "continuation" line.
Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

JdeB - when I've installed the past 3 or 4 updates to SciTe, it's wiped out the au3dir setting in au3.properties, so I have to re-set this before I can run any tools from it. Do you know if there is a problem here... I'm sure something like this was mentioned in the past.

• Developers

JdeB - when I've installed the past 3 or 4 updates to SciTe, it's wiped out the au3dir setting in au3.properties, so I have to re-set this before I can run any tools from it. Do you know if there is a problem here... I'm sure something like this was mentioned in the past.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chris,

The previous time was an issue with the SciTE4AU3Upd.exe installer that made the path disappear.

I have found another issue with UpdateDefs.au3 which is now solved and included in the latest version of SciTE4AU3Upd.exe .

Thanks for your input,

Enjoy,

:idiot:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

JdeB - a quick question...

I loaded up AutoEd - just to see what was happening and lend support to people developing autoit stuff... anyway... a new feature - the code explorer appeared - this looks like a really useful addition -

can this be done in SciTe

Thanks..

• Developers

I loaded up AutoEd - just to see what was happening and lend support to people developing autoit stuff... anyway... a new feature - the code explorer appeared - this looks like a really useful addition -

can this be done in SciTe

Thanks..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree that its a useful option, but the SciTE.exe that is part of the installer is the standard version of SciTE and doesn't have this option. I have no intention at this moment to modify and maintain a seperate version of SciTE.

Maybe it can be suggested at their forum ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

Uploaded SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which contains definitions for v 3.0.103.133 released Dec 22.

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extra's you get with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

Enjoy,

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Uploaded SciTe4Au3Upd.exe  which contains definitions for v 3.0.103.133 released Dec 22.

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extra's you get with the SciTE4AutoIt3  installer.

Enjoy,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks JdeB ... You Rock!!!

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?