Jos

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Guys,

I have just discovered Scite. Does it support breakPoints (for debugging)?

10x

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, AutoIt3 doesn't support debugging in that way (yet :idiot: )

But even when it would support debugging, I am not sure if we will get it to the point that you can start setting breakpoints from an Editor.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I have been playing a bit with LUA to see if i could take the concept of Ctrl+Shilt+D (Adding the debug MgBox) and use that to add a ConsoleWrite() line which is possible with the new 103 version.

So i added Alt+D to the config and added a lua script. Alt+D will add a line like shown in the image line and then when the script is run the debug info as shown in the Output pane....

Is this a useful thing for the standard SciTE4Autoit3 installer ?

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/consoledebug.png

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

D_mn! That's great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Dilemma,dilemma........ what to do ??? :lol:

Ok ... creativity is flowing..... :idiot:

Just created 2 LUA scripts which will :

Alt+Shift+D : Comment all Debug MsgBoxes/ConsoleWrite lines

Ctrl+Alt+D : UnComment all Debug MsgBoxes/ConsoleWrite lines

So easy switch ON and OFF of your debug lines.

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which contains definitions for v 3.0.103.141 released Dec 27 and also contains below updates.

Its a small installer that will patch your current installation with the updated files.

alt+D will add a ConsoleWrite statement to your script to make debugging of scripts easier. You can doubleclick the generated lines in the outputpane, which will bring you to the script line.

The other LUA functions make it possible to comment/uncomment/remove all debug statement in your script top make live easier.......

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extra's you get with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

Enjoy,

12/29/2004
*** Updated CompileAU3 1.06:
   - Added #Compiler_Res_Field directive. There can be up to 15 lines with format:
     #Compiler_Res_Field=fieldname|filedvalueSupporting
*** Added Console Debug line LUA script Alt+D 
*** Added Comment and UnComment LUA script which enable you to comment and uncomment
          ALL debug MsgBox and ConsoleWrite lines with one key combination:
          Ctrl+Alt+D  : UnComment all Debug MsgBoxes/ConsoleWrite lines 
          ToolsMenu   : Remove all Debug MsgBoxes/ConsoleWrite lines 
*** Updated SciTEConfig v 0.6.3:
    - Added Button to set the Background color
    - Added Button to set the Current line Background color

Debug example output:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/consoledebug.png

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/debugoptions.png

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

Uploaded a new version of SciTe4Au3Upd.exe which contains definitions for v3.0.103.150 released Jan 6 2005 and also contains below updates.

Its a small installer that will patch your current installation with the updated files.

This installer has a new semi Trace possibility for Autoit3. It contains a LUA script which will add a ConsoleWrite for each line. This will result in showing which line is going to be run in the SciTE output Pane.

See here for the details..

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for a overview of all extra's you get with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

Enjoy,

01/07/2005
*** Updated CompileAU3 1.06:
   - Added #Compiler_Res_Field directive. There can be up to 15 lines with format:
     #Compiler_Res_Field=fieldname|filedvalueSupporting
     See Directives.au3 in the Compileau3 directory for an example.
*** Added Console Debug line LUA script Alt+D 
*** Added DeBugging LUA scripts:
          Ctrl+J      : Jump to the "FUNC ???" definition under the cursor for fast jumping to the function
                        The original line will be BookMarked so you can jump back with F2. 
          ALL debug MsgBox and ConsoleWrite lines with one key combination:
          Ctrl+Alt+D  : UnComment all Debug MsgBoxes/ConsoleWrite lines 
          ToolsMenu   : Add TRACE ConsoleWrites to all lines to easily trace your program. 
          ToolsMenu   : Remove all Debug MsgBoxes/ConsoleWrite lines 
*** Updated SciTEConfig v 0.6.5:
    - Added Button to set the Background color
    - Added Button to set the Current line Background color
    - Added option to set Tab for indent and the Tabsize.
*** Updated Tidy 1.27.6:
    - Fixed issue when #CE is on its own for example when #CS is commented with an;
*** Added all Standard UDFs to AU3.api SciTE will also autocomplete them and show the 
    Intellisense popup showing the parameters and the needed #include file.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

@jdeb

Everything that I have tried to download has CompileAu3.exe with version 1.05 not 1.06.  May want to check file version.

Just for your information

- magicboy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oops, you are correct...

I sometimes forget that i cannot compile the compileau3.au3 with compileau3.exe because i get an replace error.... (need to run it) :">

Its is updated in the installer, but the only thing that is "wrong" is that it contains a Consolewrite debug entry that will show a message in the output pane and the version nummer of the program.....

Here is just the download for http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/compileau3.exe

Thanks for the info

Enjoy,

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

JdeB - I get the following warnings when I compile using Scite when I have  #include "GUIConstants.au3" in the script.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats because Tylo's AU3Check cannot handle the new CONST keyword yet.

It will be included when it comes available, till then you will have to reply "No" if that is the only issue it find to ensure that CompileAU3 continues..

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

JdeB - small typo I just spotted in the SciTe help file. On this page

mk:@MSITStore:C:\PROGRAM%20FILES\AUTOIT3\SCITE\Scite4AutoIt3.chm::/LuaScripts.htm

Shouldn't that be LUA not LAU?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea should be LUA... tnx

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Talking of LUA, are there any good really basic getting started guides to writing LUA scripts? I can't even write a simple "Hello World" one liner coping a line from another function!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, look in the Scite4Autoit3 Guide. The Reference manual for Lua 5.0 is within it.

• Developers

Talking of LUA, are there any good really basic getting started guides to writing LUA scripts? I can't even write a simple "Hello World" one liner coping a line from another function!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is also a good resource with examples:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/SciteScripts

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

OK, I've just written my first LUA function. When I'm doing a long Run() line in a script, with like variables and spacing et al that all has to be perfect, I like to take a copy of it, shove it in a messsage box so I can see an example and check it looks OK. This LUA script does it for you. It's probably really badly coded, but whadya think?

function Run2MsgBox()
    Line = editor:GetLine(editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos))
    prefix=string.sub(Line,1,7)
    ppfix=string.sub(prefix,1,3)
    if ppfix == "Run" or ppfix == "run" or ppfix == "RUN" then
        temp = string.sub(prefix,4,7)
        if temp == "Wait" or temp == "wait" or temp == "WAIT" then
            ppflen = 9
        else
            ppflen = 5
        end
        Line=string.sub(Line,ppflen)

editor:BeginUndoAction()
        editor:Home()
        editor:AddText(";")
        editor:GotoLine(editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos)+1)
        editor:AddText("MsgBox(0,'Debug; Run Line','Run Line: ' & " .. Line)
        print("Run Line debug message box added")
        editor:EndUndoAction()
    elseif string.sub(Line,1,42) == "MsgBox(0,'Debug; Run Line','Run Line: ' & " then
        editor:BeginUndoAction()
        editor:LineDelete()
        editor:GotoLine(editor:LineFromPosition(editor.CurrentPos)-1)
        editor:Home()
        editor:GotoPos(editor.CurrentPos+1)
        editor:DeleteBack()
        print("Run Line debug message box removed")
        editor:EndUndoAction()
    else
        print("No run line found")
    end
end

Edit: At the moment this only works if the line isn't indentend, because I grab the first three characters to valid that it is a Run or RunWait line. Obviously this also means it wont work in $rt=Run(... type situations or if ... then Run, and I'm not certain at this point how to trap that.

Edit2: Actually, I'm wondering about just using this for any type of line, which would remove this problem. There are other scenarios I can think of where this type of debug message box showing the whole line could be useful.

Edited by Chris_1013