AutoIt error ; Unable to open the script file

Hello,

I get the error message popup: AutoIt error ; Unable to open the script file

This happens when I start Internet Exolorer.

I had a couple of virus-programs installed that opened a second browser with advertising.

After a full system check with Hitman, a couple of virus, trojan-horses etc. where found and removed.

Now no new browser windows opens, but the above descriped error message.

I don't now anything about autoIt and can't find a solution for this problem on the web.

Please can somebody help me with this problem??

Thanks,

Tijn

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. You might try letting your Windows operating system attempt to repair your Internet Explorer installation and settings.

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs

Once that applet comes up, select Add/Remove Windows Components.

Once that applet comes up, uncheck the box by the Internet Explorer app and select next.

Once that applet exits, select Add/Remove Windows Components again and this time place a check by the box beside the Internet Explorer app.... then select next.

You might also want to clear out any system restore files that might contain the malware files.

Hope that fixes the problem.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. You might try letting your Windows operating system attempt to repair your Internet Explorer installation and settings.

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs

Once that applet comes up, select Add/Remove Windows Components.

Once that applet comes up, uncheck the box by the Internet Explorer app and select next.

Once that applet exits, select Add/Remove Windows Components again and this time place a check by the box beside the Internet Explorer app.... then select next.

You might also want to clear out any system restore files that might contain the malware files.

Hope that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the response.

I tried what you discribed, but the problem is still there.

all system restore files that contained malware are removed by Hitman.

Do you have another suggestion for solving this problem without

having to reinstall explorer 7 and all depending programs..?

f.i. where is the command comming from to open a script file??

thanks

...f.i. where is the command comming from to open a script file??..

I don't know.

Have you checked the shortcut that you use to start IE? Is it really pointing to IE? What happens when you double-click on iexplore.exe from within the Windows file explorer?

Re-installing IE7 might be your best bet or you could try the free version of Ad-Aware...

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

...it might be able to clean up IE7 registry settings.

You might also want to scan your system with PC Tools free AV product...

http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/

...it covers a lot of malware also.

Thanks for the help.

"Have you checked the shortcut that you use to start IE? Is it really pointing to IE? What happens when you double-click on iexplore.exe from within the Windows file explorer? "

It was the shortcut. It pointed to Hitman Pro for some kind of protection called "surfright"

when unchecking this function, the problem is away!!

B.t.w. Hitman Pro is a software that combines several different anti-spyware and antivirus software

too completely clean your system...

\

Have you ever used Autoit?...

The OP has used AutoIt in a way. Hitman Pro is written with AutoIt:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ost&p=68640

According to http://www.hitmanpro.nl/hitmanpro/

AVG makes false positive on Hitman Pro

Currently, AVG Antivirus from Grisoft is making a false positive on files [belonging] to Hitman Pro. [Apparently], their heuristic engine is working too good and is marking files created with AutoIt (like hitmanpro2.exe) as Generic8.GST.

[Corrected spelling.]

Perhaps part of the Hitman Pro program was quarantined by AVG or some other AV sw.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with AutoIt Error . It's the "autoit error unable to open the script file" but it happens whenever i want to open a folder on my iPod.my iPod was working fine until today when I plugged it to tranfer some files to my computer.I tried to open the folder and the message appeared.

Can any of you help me? I need to fix it badly,i have important information in there.

waiting for reply

thanks dreni

I have the same problem with AutoIt Error . It's the "autoit error unable to open the script file" but it happens whenever i want to open a folder on my iPod.my iPod was working fine until today when I plugged it to tranfer some files to my computer.I tried to open the folder and the message appeared.

Can any of you help me? I need to fix it badly,i have important information in there.

waiting for reply

thanks dreni