Runs in Windows XP but not in Windows 98

RealisT

My AutoIt v3 scripts and executables run great on my Windows XP machine. But when I copy these files over to my WIndows 98 box (which has Autoit v3 installed), none of these scripts or executables work.

Trying to run the scripts from SciTe, the console reads like this:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\AUTOIT3\SCITE\..\autoit3.exe /ErrorStdOut "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\My Scripts\Display.au3"

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\My Scripts\Display.au3 (0) : ==> Error opening the file.:

>Exit Code: 1 Time: 0.897

What am I overlooking?

Thanks all

Post sorce of your script.

There may be lot of various problems generally.

Whatever script I use, it is the same result. I don't think it even gets to the code-validation phase anyway.

In this case, my script is one line:

Beep(660, 600)

For some reason the OS is not liking any AutoIt item, whether script or executable, homemade or borrowed.

Thanks

Whatever script I use, it is the same result. I don't think it even gets to the code-validation phase anyway.

In this case, my script is one line:

Beep(660, 600)

For some reason the OS is not liking any AutoIt item, whether script or executable, homemade or borrowed.

Thanks

On my WIN98SE all works OK.

Post WHOLE output from your Scite output window.

• Developers

The problem is the following:

You are using the standard "lite" version of SciTE4AutoIt3, that comes with the AutoIt3 installer, which uses this setting for F5/Run:

# Commands to compile / run your script
command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
command.go.subsystem.$(file.patterns.au3)=1
command.compile.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe" /in "$(FilePath)"
command.build.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe" /in "$(FilePath)"

Win98 needs to run AutoIt3A.exe so go into SciTE and select Options / Edit User options file and put these lines in there:

# Commands to compile / run your script
command.go.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\autoit3A.exe" /ErrorStdOut "$(FilePath)" $(1) $(2) $(3) $(4)
command.go.subsystem.$(file.patterns.au3)=1
command.compile.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\aut2exe\aut2exeA.exe" /in "$(FilePath)"
command.build.$(file.patterns.au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)\..\aut2exe\aut2exeA.exe" /in "$(FilePath)"

This will override the internal settings and should fix your Win9X problem... :)

@others: AutoIt3Wrapper, which automagiccally handles everything doesn't come with the Lite version. Its easy to see that the OP uses the lite version when looking at the posted line form the output pane. This also means that the suggested directives won't do anything for the OP.

how quick you get used to the fact that all is done for you by autoit3wrapper.. ^_^

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The problem is the following:

You are using the standard "lite" version of SciTE4AutoIt3, that comes with the AutoIt3 installer, which uses this setting for F5/Run:

<<CODE HERE>>

Win98 needs to run AutoIt3A.exe so go into SciTE and select Options / Edit User options file and put these lines in there:

<<CODE HERE>>

This will override the internal settings and should fix your Win9X problem... :)

@others: AutoIt3Wrapper, which automagiccally handles everything doesn't come with the Lite version. Its easy to see that the OP uses the lite version when looking at the posted line form the output pane. This also means that the suggested directives won't do anything for the OP.

how quick you get used to the fact that all is done for you by autoit3wrapper.. ^_^

I keyed this code in, and the executable runs OK in Win 98!

I still can't run any uncompiled AutoIt v3 scripts out of Scite, however. I also can't run an executable containing a GUI.

I noticed that SciTe has no Open au3.Properties option...something which exists & is quite verbose on my XP box. Would this be provided by AutoIt3Wrapper, or do I simply have an incomplete install?

Thanks