Old-Style Boot Menu

jvanegmond

Old-Syle Boot Menu

Description:

This is one of those boot menu's that you get when you are working with pre-NT software and Linux in many cases. Controls are very simple: Use the Up and Down keys to navigate, and Enter key to select. All files necessary are included, I am using DirectX to draw this.

Download:

Download here

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Comment:

Another special GUI, just like the MD5 app. I currently do not have any applications for this so I am giving out the source code.

Edit: I forgot to prevent the selected menu to go out of range.. so you'll going to have to add that yourself. Or maybe I'll do it when I feel like doing it later on.

Edited by Manadar

• 1 month later...

I found that this is supposted to be a great program for 'old style boot menu' but...it is not working. I really wanna try this out...I hope I dont get slammed for bringing this topic back...but I think its pretty cool...im using .10/beta version of Autoit...maybe it just needs to be converted so that it will work with .10? Thanks!

The problem is (atleast that is what I encountered) is that it is running off the d3dx9_33.dll file that is actually a DirectX 9 dll.

If you are running DirectX 10 then you will encounter a message that says that d3dx9_33.dll is missing. You can download the

file for a few different reliable sources. I had to download it myself cause I am running Vista and DirectX 10 is only supported

on the system. All I did was copy the file to the Windows\System directory and then I was able to see it.

Swift, what is the problem that you get or are having when you run the script?

Spoiler

"...Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for." --The Mentor

"Mess with the best, die like the rest!!" -Hackers

"This above all to thine own self be true." -William Shakespeare

"Corruption is only as corrupted as the individual makes it out to be." -i386

style7,AutoIt.png

First I get the error mentioned above...the "direct X" error i guess...then this:

Line 189 (File "C:\Do......\OldStyleBootMenu\A2D.Au3"):

return A2DCreateDevice($hParent, $nWidth, $nHeight, $nFormat, $nDeviceType, $nWindowed, $nSwapEffect)

return ^ ERROR

Error: Unknown Function Name.

Replace the Up and Down functions with:

Func _Up()
    If $sSelected = 0 Then
        $sSelected = $sSelected
    Else
        $sSelected -= 1
    EndIf
EndFunc  ;==>_Up

Func _Down()
    If $sSelected = UBound($sMenuOptions[0]) -1 Then
        $sSelected = $sSelected
    Else
        $sSelected += 1
    EndIf
EndFunc  ;==>_Down

I know the _Up() works, but _Down() doesn't...

• 3 months later...