GUICtrlSetResizing -> not working on UDF listview...

Armand

BAHHH i think i'll just move back to the previouse version, that one is just too tricky and poorly described !!!

-> what about writing limits of UDFs and a hell lot more remarks ?! it does need it !!!

anyhow, i've been searching for a way to make the control be -> $GUI_DOCKBORDERS but it doesn't work... any idea ?!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

BAHHH i think i'll just move back to the previouse version, that one is just too tricky and poorly described !!!

-> what about writing limits of UDFs and a hell lot more remarks ?! it does need it !!!

anyhow, i've been searching for a way to make the control be -> $GUI_DOCKBORDERS but it doesn't work... any idea ?!

AutoIt's GUICtrlxxx() functions are supposed to work only with AutoIt created controls (notice it has as parameter control ID - not control handle).

For UDF created controls you must use native API functions.

I can't remember just now what API functions are for resizing but it can be found on MSDN.

Bah i'll just look up previouse version untill that one will really be ready ... 3.8.2.1 was just fine...

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

Bah i'll just look up previouse version untill that one will really be ready ... 3.8.2.1 was just fine...

Nothing wrong with the 3.2.10.0 just use the built in one or winmove

There is nothing wrong with the documentation, try reading more.

If you don't like it don't use it.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

• Developers

@GaryFrost

I don't like 3.2.10.0 at all either, just because of two things:

1.Modern Menu.au3 doesnt work with it

2.GuiListView func's are all changed...

[rant] Can you people just shut up and put some effort in solving the few issues with the old scripts in stead of moaning about it? There has been a major effort put in by Gary bringing to total UDF's to 1640+ .. a thank you would be be more in place that this BS. [/rant] Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos

dude, AU3 is like the source of creation for me, i love this program !!!

if my project wasn't almost over-with no doubt i'd move to the new version... in fact i plan on trying to convert my script to the newer version anyhow on the winter vication...

HOWEVER.... i don't think that my level in scripting today is the same as it was 5 years ago when i first met AU3 with diablo2 or 2 years ago when i've started writing my own scripts and even now after i've improved soo much the new UDFs seems to be poorly explained and exampled as mentioned!!! i appreciate all the effort a million but yet... that's just the case !!!

it's a constructive critisism accompanied by some pure RAGE that i'll have to convert my entire script...

• Developers

@Jos

dude, AU3 is like the source of creation for me, i love this program !!!

if my project wasn't almost over-with no doubt i'd move to the new version... in fact i plan on trying to convert my script to the newer version anyhow on the winter vication...

HOWEVER.... i don't think that my level in scripting today is the same as it was 5 years ago when i first met AU3 with diablo2 or 2 years ago when i've started writing my own scripts and even now after i've improved soo much the new UDFs seems to be poorly explained and exampled as mentioned!!! i appreciate all the effort a million but yet... that's just the case !!!

it's a constructive critisism accompanied by some pure RAGE that i'll have to convert my entire script...

My rant was directed to the comment made about the new version.

I have no issue that people seek assistance with the migration of scripts to the new version but have seen a growing number of posts making statements like the one i quoted about the new version and feld it was needed to make a counter statement.

I realize that many things changed and we have opened a discussion about keeping support for the old syntax or not given the Pros and Cons and guess what ?? Silence ... nobody took the time to give their opinion about it so we made the decision to bite to bullet now and go through the pain of forcing the people that upgrade to need to make the changes now.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Feel free to come up with better examples and better explanations.

Much of the description and remarks are straight from MSDN. The examples either I made up or took examples from another library and made them work.

Now I feel most of the examples do very well at showing what the function does.

Also I believe the API is WM_SIZE, you'll need to register that notification and when the gui resizes then resize your controls.

If you don't like doing all the programming yourself then stick with the built in controls.

Edited by GaryFrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Also I believe the API is WM_SIZE, you'll need to register that notification and when the gui resizes then resize your controls.

Look here

There are API control styles corresponding to GUICtrlSetResizing() styles.

So you can manually set these styles to manualy created controls (by UDF).

EDIT: Look here how to set style to window/control

Edited by Zedna