Dumbest error that ive ever seen.

I dont get it. When I use this code: Run("Robot.exe"), I get this error:

---------------------------

AutoIt Error

Line -1:

Error: Incorrect number of parameters in function call.

OK

Any Ideas?????

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

I was adding a gui to the web crawler idea that was posted into the example scripts.

Let me give you the full source.

Download the following zip file for the source. The problem code is in interface.au3.

The file robot.au3 must be compiled for it to work. I have included the exe allready but if you dont trust it, then feel free to look over the source of robot.au3 and then compile it. Just make sure there is a robot.exe in the same directory.

That error shouldnt be happening... Everything ive read in the help file points to that line of code working.

Spoiler

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

If this happens when you run your code as a script then the problem is in robot.exe.

try to run the Robot.au3 file and see what errors show up. It should give you the line number involved

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

It gives no error. It runs just fine, as a script and as an exe.

Spoiler

It gives no error. It runs just fine, as a script and as an exe.

Is your script compiled?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Yes.

Never mind. I found the problem.

I feel dumb, it was the easyst error ever and I had no idea it was there.

I used fileopen( "file.data" ) instead of fileopen( "file.data",2).

The weared thing is, it didnt throw an error until my other script tried to run it. It ran just fine for me when I double clicked it.

Eather way, thank you for trying to help.

I am embarresed :">

Spoiler

No problem.

It is best to test before you compile. A compiled script will always show the error at -1 so that gives no indication of where the error actually is.

George