Unstable V3.0.91 Available

Jon

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't exactly related to this release but it could become related to the "stable" 3.0.91 release, I just mention this here because this line reminded me: "Changed: (Internal) More scriptfile.cpp optimization"

Jon, are you still thinking about pulling the parser out and putting it into a seperate class? What about the lexer, is it staying where it is or coming out, too? If you've already done this, feel free to hit me with a 2x4, I haven't looked at any source since 3.0.84. If you haven't done it, where's it at in the food chain for getting in a release soon?

I really like the addition of the Constants.au3 library!

Is there a process for submitting user-defined functions? I have a _WinCenter you might want.

Also, could you add array sorting functions (that were posted to the Yahoo group)?

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Jon

I'm going to write a new installer. This time it really p***ed me off. I accidentally clicked for a new install and consequently the 20 odd sample files that I had saved in "Examples" are gone. A good install does not delete files that it were not a part of the original installation. Resetting the registry entries and re-creating my template was not bad, but losing those files means days of work again.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I really like the addition of the Constants.au3 library!

Is there a process for submitting user-defined functions? I have a  _WinCenter you might want.

Also, could you add array sorting functions (that were posted to the Yahoo group)?

I will be adding as many functions to the library as possible. The only problem that I'm running into with some of the user submitted functions on Yahoo! is that there is not enough error checking. Some of them don't even return anything on error. :whistle:

Sincerely yours,Jeremy Landesjlandes@landeserve.com

• Administrators

Jon

I'm going to write a new installer.  This time it really p***ed me off.  I accidentally clicked for a new install and consequently the 20 odd sample files that I had saved in "Examples" are gone.  A good install does not delete files that it were not a part of the original installation.  Resetting the registry entries and re-creating my template was not bad, but losing those files means days of work again.

And I hate the fact that my Program Files directory is littered with the left overs of 100s of uninstalled programs. I always assume that anything left in a program directory during an uninstall is fair game unless told otherwise.

There are too many files to do individual add/removes for all of them so I've just made it only delete the files it installed for the Include and Examples directory (any other directories - like Icons and Aut2Exe - will be deleted on uninstall regardless).

I have been careless enough that I now keep all my stuff in "My Documents" and organized on "My Desktop".

I still don't back it up though...

. :whistle:

:iamstupid:

That's one of the reasons I suggested improving #include<> to allow user-defined directories. All my library files are in a sub-directory of "My Documents".

Jon

There are too many files to do individual add/removes for all of them so I've just made it only delete the files it installed for the Include and Examples directory (any other directories - like Icons and Aut2Exe - will be deleted on uninstall regardless).

This will be a definite improvement. With the installer I use, it only deletes files and folders it created unless I specify otherwise by using the UninstallDelete section. This is because some apps will also use a database in them and about the last thing you want to do is wipe out some unsuspecting users database. Folsers are only deleted during uninstall if they are empty. You may want to take a look at using the Vpatch feature that I beleive is a part of NSIS. Not to be too worried, I was just venting frustration anyway. A couple of them were GUI scripts and I'll just get Larry to recreate them. :whistle:

Larry

I still don't back it up though...

Backup!!! Wuz'at? I've been telling people for 30 odd years now to always backup critical data. Telling and doing are two different things. I use a custom bakup for my system that runs daily, but only on the specified Files/Folders. I am now creating all of the examples in a new folder within My Doc's (for now) and that is on the backup list recursively. The problem there is that Windows has some nasty habits when it comes to too many files or folders in My Documents. I will just recreate all the shortcuts to the files after I redo them. Because the Start Menu group is not where NSIS first put it, the shortcuts were still there which is how I know what has to be re-done. My desktop is busy enough since that is where I copy all my scripts to while I am actually working on a project and then copy them back into the proper project folder when the session is over. I think that I will work out something else yet when I get time and that will be a whole new folder to include code snippets for everything I use and then just add it to the backup routine.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Valik,

I've added another method of freshing the shell icons in the installer - next time I update it see if that wrecks your icons or not  :whistle:

I just installed this:

autoit-v3.0.91-beta.exe 23-Jan-2004 07:25 624k

Does that version have the new icon cache code in it? It didn't trash my icons but I did see my desktop refresh...

• Administrators

Updated:

3.0.91 (23rd Jan, 2004)

Added: ControlCommand - GETCURRENTSELECTION

Added: Added some standard library includes (See Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\)

Added: SendKeyDownDelay (AutoItSetOption) (alters the amount a time a key is held down before released)

Added: AutoIt returns an exit code of 1 if script could not be loaded

Fixed: FileRecycle return value

Changed: (Internal) More scriptfile.cpp optimization

• Administrators

I just installed this:

autoit-v3.0.91-beta.exe 23-Jan-2004 07:25 624k

Does that version have the new icon cache code in it?  It didn't trash my icons but I did see my desktop refresh...

It did. Cool.

Is there any particular reason there isn't a ProcessSetPriority (Name pending :whistle: ) function for changing process priorities? Seems to me that it could be particularly useful and easy to implement so I was wondering why it's not already there...