Xbox Modification + AutoIT

Ok i have a modifyed xbox (origonal). It runs Evox as the dashboard right now. I can change it to linux if i want. Waht i would like to know is if anyone knows if apps written in AutoIT will run on a moded xbox with evox Dash preferably, but even if it will run with linux.

Ok i have a modifyed xbox (origonal). It runs Evox as the dashboard right now. I can change it to linux if i want. Waht i would like to know is if anyone knows if apps written in AutoIT will run on a moded xbox with evox Dash preferably, but even if it will run with linux.

AutoIt is a scripting language that depends on the presence of standard Windows APIs, DLLs, etc. for operation. It will not do anything outside of that environment.

You might get that environment from somewhere other than Windows, like WINE, but it must be there.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hey drop the evox and go with xmbc with the 360 dash. (you could even boot both) -its better than a real 360. (I own both) -it can upscale dvds, play homebrew, origionals, avi, watch youtube, divx yadda yadda yadda. -if you want to add your own scripts (hundreds already exsist) it can be done in python

Hey drop the evox and go with xmbc with the 360 dash. (you could even boot both) -its better than a real 360. (I own both) -it can upscale dvds, play homebrew, origionals, avi, watch youtube, divx yadda yadda yadda. -if you want to add your own scripts (hundreds already exsist) it can be done in python

OHHHH ill have to try that =)

Thanks

should this be moved to chat?

yeah, I love XBMC, it replaced my Evox/Avalaunch long ago. There are still VERY active updates to this program too. Check out XBINS for more homebrew apps for xbox. To access the FTP server you need to get a temp username/pass from their IRC channel.

-you seem to be well versed :) ^All true

@Hatcheda, I agree that a modded xbox1 is way better than a 360... The day I can run XBMC on a 360 is the day I buy one LOL.

Also, you don't even need a modchip for the xbox1. The bad news is, I think Bunnie (the guy that cracked the xbox1) was hired by M$ to work with the security team for the 360... This guy would have been our best chance for a true mod, but if you read this paper on possible next gen security for the "xbox-next" (360) written by bunnie in 8/11/04, you will see there is a STRONG similarity between what security measures he suggested and what has been implemented. There are rumors all over the net that bunnie is not allowed to help the mod community on the 360 due to an M$ contract... but who knows if thats true or not.