Text Scrambler

DicatoroftheUSA

Simple and Dirty, Makes boring reads fun again.

FEATURES

1. Copy and text code into an input field, then click scramble.

2. It will parse the text by periods commas and question marks.

3. Options such as "don't move first letter" decreases the difficulty.

4. The difficulty number corresponds to the rate in which phrases are advanced automatically.

I wrote this without planning and out of order and it is really ugly but it works for me!

Feel free to edit and update with enhancements.

scrambler.au3

Edited by DicatoroftheUSA

Stop spamming.

Ok I have browsed this forum for about a year before becoming a member, and if posting example scripts and showing appreciation is spamming, I will not post the 100+ unique script that I have and will not bother logging in to give thanks to good scripts.

Thanks for the heads up. As that could have been a waste of time participating.

Edited by DicatoroftheUSA

Works good for me... I'm not sure why Manadar thought this was spamming but I think it would be a good example for others to learn stuff from. And it could be useful for people making games where you have to unscramble a word.

EDIT: A quick small note that might be helpful in some of your applications. Instead of:

If WinExists("Scrambled") Then
Else
ExitLoop
EndIf

You could do this:

If Not WinExists("Scrambled") Then 
ExitLoop
EndIf
Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

What wrong with this post Manadar? This isn't spamming.

Ghe ghe ... its only a little bad timing from Manadar. DicatoroftheUSA was honest when he was making a quick run for 10 post's in the example forum and they were all kinda spammy (quick thankyou's to 10 scriptposters in a row) so im guessing Manadar ment that when he said to stop spamming, but it looks kinda funny in the first and only post WITH script example from DicatoroftheUSA. So there you have the bad timing :)

Ok I have browsed this forum for about a year before becoming a member, and if posting example scripts and showing appreciation is spamming, I will not post the 100+ unique script that I have and will not bother logging in to give thanks to good scripts.

Thanks for the heads up. As that could have been a waste of time participating.

No problem. This topic shows exactly the kind of quality we can expect from the other 100+ unique scripts you are referring to. Absolutely crap.

Ghe ghe ... its only a little bad timing from Manadar. DicatoroftheUSA was honest when he was making a quick run for 10 post's in the example forum and they were all kinda spammy (quick thankyou's to 10 scriptposters in a row) so im guessing Manadar ment that when he said to stop spamming, but it looks kinda funny in the first and only post WITH script example from DicatoroftheUSA. So there you have the bad timing ^_^

I can't help it you guys don't read the forum regularly.. :)

No problem. This topic shows exactly the kind of quality we can expect from the other 100+ unique scripts you are referring to. Absolutely crap.

I understand your frustration Manadar, but just because he was in a hurry to post an example doesn't scream "tear me a new asshole."

I don't think he's done anything wrong really, and frankly, I've seen worse (more pointless) example scripts come through than this. And I've made a few useless ones myself :)

Also, try to keep in mind that the idea behind Example scripts is to share concepts and ideas so everyone is better off in the long run. Posting constructive criticism for the betterment of the post is one thing, but to just say "This is crap." is just plain rude and offensive, the way I see it, if you have something negative to say, just don't say anything.

the way I see it, if you have something negative to say, just don't say anything.

And here I thought you were a fan of Valik. :)

*Edit: And it's for reasons related to this that I don't like the 10+ posts requirement for posting in this forum. I just checked this guy's posts and they go like this:

@7:21 pm:

thanks

@7:22 pm:

thanks

@7:23 pm:

should be fuesull htkans!

@7:24 pm:

Gracias

@7:29 pm: Must have had to use the bathroom between posts here. ^_^

cool thanks

@7:32 pm: Two bathroom breaks in 10 minutes? Shouldn't have eaten that mexican food. :)

I'm glad you made this now I can die happy

@7:36 pm:

thanks

@7:39 pm:

thanks

@7:42 pm:

thanks

@7:51 pm:

I have an au3 script to share and I am trying to get to ten posts in the examples forums. So I am saying thanks to everyone who makes AU3 scripts that will be usefull to me.

Thanks!

@8:02 pm:

This thread posted.

So I can see why Manadar called it spam. The 10 posts rule (regardless how I feel about it) is there for a reason, and to circumvent it with 10 posts of "thanks" kind of defeats the point.

Nothing against you DicatoroftheUSA (missed a T by the way ;)), I just hope that now that you have your 10 posts, you'll be a productive member of the forums.

Edited by Saunders

It took me a little over a year to get to 10 "honest" posts. To tell you the truth... the fact that one of his posts actually revealed the reason he was posting so much, makes it seem... well... honest.

This would be a whole different thread if the example was something like an extraordinary-life changing-one-in-a-million-plated in gold-worthwhile and useful program.

Note: I'm a hypocrite... don't listen to me. I didn't even test the code.

Rack up another post for me. A simple opinion. I'm on my way to AutoitMVP! :)

HA your funny...

umm, yeah we'd all love to be one....

But we have to be REALLY REALLY good at it...

And my AMP 3 is just childplay compared to what the MVP's can do...

Hey... I was joking (or was I :) ).

Even If I ever reached the status of someone like Manadar... I wouldn't want the obligation.

My goal is simple...

Be true to myself... help when I can... be honest to my wife... and lose about 10 pounds. <The order of my goals is a little screwy

Warning: Hijacking in progress.

Not my intention, but, if others can see what happens when you try to post your way to acceptance, then maybe they will stop to think. ^_^

Note: I'm still a hypocrite

By the way, DBak, Amp 3 is levels above most... you're an MVP in a lot of newbies eyes.

Well not all people on this forum are accepting of Noobs, and when i was more less adopted to AutoIT I learned without the forum and joined without having to ask the noob questions, and i wouldnt dare post my noob software and make a fool of myself... I had a buddie teach me... If you have any questions about AutoIT that the search doesnt answer ask me so the members can't hate on you for being a noob...

Add me as a friend...

[center][/center]

And here I thought you were a fan of Valik. :)

Oh I am, But i don't see Valik wandering around the example scripts forum finding people who are new and are posting first scripts just so he can say "This is useless crap. You suck."

Hey... I was joking (or was I :) ).

Even If I ever reached the status of someone like Manadar... I wouldn't want the obligation.

My goal is simple...

Be true to myself... help when I can... be honest to my wife... and lose about 10 pounds. <The order of my goals is a little screwy

Warning: Hijacking in progress.

Not my intention, but, if others can see what happens when you try to post your way to acceptance, then maybe they will stop to think. ^_^

Note: I'm still a hypocrite

By the way, DBak, Amp 3 is levels above most... you're an MVP in a lot of newbies eyes.

Since this thread has long been hijacked> I guess I could, quite gently, post another.

You are, kind of, right about the obligation part.. I visit the forums at least once a day (except weekends) and find myself checking my emails a lot more.

Your goals seem true.