window transparent

seres

hello. how do i create a window that is transparent and if i click in it pass the window and give a click to the one behind}

i search in the help but i dont find an answer here is my code, but i cant get it to click the window behind it

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("", 611, 403, 190, 128, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_TOPMOST,$WS_EX_TRANSPARENT))

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1

$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()

Switch $nMsg

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Exit

EndSwitch

WEnd

thanks

Edited by seres

WinSetTrans()

I do not think that WinSetTrans will meet this part of the OP's request:

and if i click in it pass the window and give a click to the one behind

I'm not sure what will...

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

I do not think that WinSetTrans will meet this part of the OP's request:

and if i click in it pass the window and give a click to the one behind

I'm not sure what will...

But isn't that enough information? Why give him the whole script? The rest of what he wants can be easily figured out.

But isn't that enough information? Why give him the whole script? The rest of what he wants can be easily figured out.

Are you sure. Doesn't a transparent window in AutoIt make all its components transparent as well?

In Delphi, which I know a bit about, you can have a transparent window and have controls on it which are not transparent. When you click on the tranparent parts you are of course interacting with the windows which you see behind. Although I can do that easily in Delphi I have no idea how to do it in AutoIt, but maybe that's what's wanted.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I remember something called GUIhole that would put a "hole" in your gui.... perhaps this could be modified to work.

I think however you tackle it you will most likely need to put all of your non transparent controls in a seperate GUI than the transparent part.

what kind of controls do you have that need to be fully visable?

I would just capture the coordinates where the mouse is clicked and maybe use ControlClick on the window behind.

Maybe if ControlClick() doesn't work you can briefly hide the window and just use MouseClick()

• 3 weeks later...