Aut2exe_x64.exe

GEOSoft

I just noticed that this file does not display the AutoIt3 Icon. Was this an oversight when it was compiled or is there something wrong with the file?

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

64-bit files are not valid on 32-bit Windows. On 64-bit Windows, everything is fine.

Thanks Valik

That poses a question though

If I'm not mistaken a script compiled on a 32-bit machine should work fine. In this case I'm talking about my Auto-compiler script so If someone uses that on a 64-bit machine will the compiled script work on both types of systems? It Specifies Aut2ExeRight now.

Edit;

I think I know what I'll have to do here

Just make the x64 compile option available on machines that have x64 Architecture.

Thats a bummer. I was hoping to be able to compile 2 versions of a script. 1 for 32 bit and another for 64 bit systems.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, so I'll just explain it this way which should cover everything.

32-bit binaries run on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.

64-bit binaries run on 64-bit Windows.

64-bit binaries run faster on 64-bit Windows than 32-bit binaries run on 64-bit Windows. That's why there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions of some tools like Aut2Exe. This is performance-only. You can compile a 64-bit script by setting the appropriate option in Aut2Exe. It doesn't matter whether Aut2Exe itself is 32-bit or 64-bit. The inverse is true as well; you can compile 32-bit scripts on 64-bit Windows using either the 32-bit or 64-bit Aut2Exe.

In short, the binary itself does not affect the output it produces.

Edit: Regarding your edit: You can compile 64-bit scripts from 32-bit Windows. That is, after-all, what the option is for and why it's not disabled. If you couldn't, the option wouldn't be present or wouldn't be enabled.

Edited by Valik

You answered exactly the way I needed.

Didn't know there was on option in Aut2EXE for that. I don't see a command line option for it in the docs either so do you know what it is?

George

Not without looking. But I'd try x64 and see what that does for you. Just a random guess.

OK thanks. You will see in a PM I just sent that I had assumed that. But assuming anything can be a dangerous move.

AFAIAC this thread can be closed. The question is sufficiently answered unless someone else has details to be added.

George

My guess is correct, it's not documented (yet) but the unimaginative /x64 compiler option works.

Thanks again Valik

George

What about /omfg-itz-teh-x64

Well, we need an /x86 and /pack option to round out the list, so I suggest:

/omfg-itz-teh-x86 (Since, after all, we shouldn't change the existing x64)

/fudge-packer

Really, though, we do need /pack and /x86.

Edited by Valik
Typo (removed).