Matching Passwords With INI Files

00BM

Hi,

Soon im planning to release my first OFFICAL program and want to add a new feature to it. I want to password protect it so the user can password protect the program with his/her chosen password. I have decided to use ini files to do this. I was wondering how to check the password the user enters to the one in the INI file?

Im completely stuck with this yet I know it can be done because the same system is used in the complex shell script.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has already been posted!

Thanks in advance,

00BM

I want to password protect it so the user can password protect the program with his/her chosen password. I have decided to use ini files to do this. I was wondering how to check the password the user enters to the one in the INI file?

I think you should use registry entries over INIs. they are much easier, and it is much less likely that someone will tamper with the registry.

For INI Read what would I put to check it matches??

A coding example maybe...

Thanks for the speedy reply!

00BM!

This script below is suppose to work

#include<String.au3>
;ConsoleWrite(_StringEncrypt(1,"This is my password","Haha",1))
IniWrite("Settings.ini","Info","Password",_StringEncrypt(1,"This is my password","Haha",1))
MsgBox(64,"Check Ini File","")
MsgBox(64,"Decrypted password",_StringEncrypt(0,IniRead("Settings.ini","Info","Password",""),"Haha",1))

For some reason it doesn't now, I am running v.3.2.10.0 and the example script provided in _StringEncrypt() Helpfile did not encrypt neither decrypt anything.