Problem after latest update

Dirk98

Guys, is it a bug:

After the latest update when running my scripts I get a few AutoIt Errors like these:

Posted Image

In the above example my script has the Include "SysTray_UDF.au3"

In another instance I get a similar error, refering to A3LConstants.au3. Weird, I don't even have it in the Includes in my script. I guess my #Includes "A3LMenu.au3" or "A3LToolbar.au3" somehow refer to that file.

Too bad, it ruins many of my useful little scripts. Anything I could do to fix it, please?

Thanks.

• Developers

Yay! Jos, you've saved half of my work. How 'bout this one (A3LConstants.au3):

Posted Image

Thank you so much. But I need the above as well. Looks like a real problem. :)

Gary ported a lot of functions from the A3l library to the Standard UDF library and thus also most of the Constants.

So the result is that somebody will have to pick up the task to update the a3l includes to avoid these collisions or start using the functions in the Standard UDF set.

We will only support the standard set of UDF's ..

Bottom line: If you want to do a quick and dirty fix you just run au3check in SciTE and comment all lines with errors.

F4 will jump to the next error and Ctrl+Q will comment the line ....

Hope this helps

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Bottom line: If you want to do a quick and dirty....

Very quaint solution, to my taste. Thanks, Jos. :)

Guys, where to find Au3check? I downloaded and installed everything what was in the download section. I got only SyntaxCheck Prod and SyntaxCheck Beta in the Tools menu of SciTE. Also AU3Info and AU3Recorder. Nothing else that would sound relevant to Au3check.

Thanks.

• Developers

Guys, where to find Au3check? I downloaded and installed everything what was in the download section. I got only SyntaxCheck Prod and SyntaxCheck Beta in the Tools menu of SciTE. Also AU3Info and AU3Recorder. Nothing else that would sound relevant to Au3check.

Thanks.

When you do the SyntaxCheck it actually runs au3check.

Au3check comes with the AutoIt3 installer.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

When you do the SyntaxCheck it actually runs au3check.

Au3check comes with the AutoIt3 installer.

Jos

A3LConstants is fixed, thx, but the next error pops up in the same script:

Posted Image

I've checked in the same manner in SciTE, but no Syntax error in the file itself. :)

Thank you.

• Developers

A3LConstants is fixed, thx, but the next error pops up in the same script:

Posted Image

I've checked in the same manner in SciTE, but no Syntax error in the file itself. :)

Thank you.

There is no error in the file itself, but this Variable is already declared in the updated standard UDF set in file StructureConstants.au3.

So If that gets include together with A3LStructs.au3 then you will get this error.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.