#AutoIt3Wrapper_PassPhrase - Am I missing something?

I usually never have to post (which is evident from the non-existent number of post I have made) as I normally find everything I need by searching through everyone's brilliantly clear responses in the forums. That being said, I will apologize up front if I have missed this information in my searches.

After a lost HD (luckily all my scripts were backed up) I had to re-install all of my AutoIt installs (including SciTe, cvswrapper, and of course the latest version of AutoIt). After doing so, I noticed that the option in the GUI for Allow Decompile and Passphrase were gone. In addition the reference:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_PassPhrase=??????

was no longer recognized by the SciTe Editor. I've searched for information on the GUI Wrapper, the editor, and on #AutoIt3Wrapper_PassPhrase, but found nothing that answered this question (or I did and must not have understood it).

If anyone can point me toward an answer or another thread that I may have missed the answer in, it would be greatly appreciated...

Sincere thanks - Chris

The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limits....Einstein

I usually never have to post (which is evident from the non-existent number of post I have made) as I normally find everything I need by searching through everyone's brilliantly clear responses in the forums. That being said, I will apologize up front if I have missed this information in my searches.

After a lost HD (luckily all my scripts were backed up) I had to re-install all of my AutoIt installs (including SciTe, cvswrapper, and of course the latest version of AutoIt). After doing so, I noticed that the option in the GUI for Allow Decompile and Passphrase were gone. In addition the reference:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_PassPhrase=??????

was no longer recognized by the SciTe Editor. I've searched for information on the GUI Wrapper, the editor, and on #AutoIt3Wrapper_PassPhrase, but found nothing that answered this question (or I did and must not have understood it).

If anyone can point me toward an answer or another thread that I may have missed the answer in, it would be greatly appreciated...

Sincere thanks - Chris

That's because the latest version of AutoIt 3.2.10.0 is not longer supportin decompile, therefore the passphrase is no longer needed.

Sadly, after I posted I finally found the history file entry...

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/history.htm

"9/9/2007

*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui/AutoIt3Wrapper v1.9.3 (JdeB)

- Added: %autoitdir% support in Run_Before and Run_After directives

- Added: Skip the Source Directives update when no changes are made in AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI.

- Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_SaveSource which will add the ScriptSource to the Output program resource section AutoIt3:ScriptSource.

- Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add which will add the specified file to the Output program resource.

- Removed: support for #AutoIt3Wrapper_allow_decompile and #AutoIt3Wrapper_passphrase

- Fixed: Possible issue with the Fileversion AutoIncrement replacing it on the wrong line.

- Fixed: Bug running UPX in Win9x."

Anyone know the reasoning behind it? Not questioning the decision, just curious :) I always used that feature; is there anything new that comparable?

The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limits....Einstein

Sadly, after I posted I finally found the history file entry...

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/history.htm

"9/9/2007

*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui/AutoIt3Wrapper v1.9.3 (JdeB)

- Added: %autoitdir% support in Run_Before and Run_After directives

- Added: Skip the Source Directives update when no changes are made in AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI.

- Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_SaveSource which will add the ScriptSource to the Output program resource section AutoIt3:ScriptSource.

- Added: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add which will add the specified file to the Output program resource.

- Removed: support for #AutoIt3Wrapper_allow_decompile and #AutoIt3Wrapper_passphrase

- Fixed: Possible issue with the Fileversion AutoIncrement replacing it on the wrong line.

- Fixed: Bug running UPX in Win9x."

Anyone know the reasoning behind it? Not questioning the decision, just curious :) I always used that feature; is there anything new that comparable?

Well as I mentioned, the reason I think would be there was a crack decompiler that can decompile regardless password/no password. Now Jon said he used another technology to compile, hopefully this will keep the source safe for a while.

Well as I mentioned, the reason I think would be there was a crack decompiler that can decompile regardless password/no password. Now Jon said he used another technology to compile, hopefully this will keep the source safe for a while.

Apologies, I didn't catch that. Hadn't heard that there was a crack out ther for the decompile. I'm all about safety! Bravo Jon on the update and thanks so much for the info Generator!