[OK] _GUICtrlListGetSelItemText-> What is the replacement

Hi all !

I will be crazy, yesterday all my code work well, and after work i see an update of autoit, i put it, and now i have a lot of error

Ok lot of function was renamed, i correct this in my code, but WTF ... where is the _GUICtrlListGetSelItemText function now ?

I see the _GUICtrlListView_GetItem but we need to give it the item wich we want the info...

please help ! thk

EDIT : ok i find it, and that's was better before :)

here is the solution : _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($array_id,number(_GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($array_id)),0)

0 = index of the column

Edited by pinkfoyd

Hi all !

I will be crazy, yesterday all my code work well, and after work i see an update of autoit, i put it, and now i have a lot of error

Ok lot of function was renamed, i correct this in my code, but WTF ... where is the _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedItem function now ?

I see the _GUICtrlListView_GetItem but we need to give it the item wich we want the info...

please help ! thk

Those files and many of the functions have been renamed. The info is in the help file Under User Defined Functions>>UDFs Renaming.

Here is a link to the online version of that page.

UDFs Renaming

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Here's the list from 3.2.9.0, it wasn't even in that version before I added all the functions and changed the names.

; _GUICtrlListViewCopyItems
; _GUICtrlListViewDeleteAllItems
; _GUICtrlListViewDeleteColumn
; _GUICtrlListViewDeleteItem
; _GUICtrlListViewDeleteItemsSelected
; _GUICtrlListViewEnsureVisible
; _GUICtrlListViewGetBackColor
; _GUICtrlListViewGetCallBackMask
; _GUICtrlListViewGetCheckedState
; _GUICtrlListViewGetColumnOrder
; _GUICtrlListViewGetColumnWidth
; _GUICtrlListViewGetCounterPage
; _GUICtrlListViewGetCurSel
; _GUICtrlListViewGetExtendedListViewStyle
; _GUICtrlListViewGetHeader
; _GUICtrlListViewGetHotCursor
; _GUICtrlListViewGetHotItem
; _GUICtrlListViewGetHoverTime
; _GUICtrlListViewGetItemCount
; _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText
; _GUICtrlListViewGetItemTextArray
; _GUICtrlListViewGetNextItem
; _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedCount
; _GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedIndices
; _GUICtrlListViewGetSubItemsCount
; _GUICtrlListViewGetTopIndex
; _GUICtrlListViewGetUnicodeFormat
; _GUICtrlListViewHideColumn
; _GUICtrlListViewInsertColumn
; _GUICtrlListViewInsertItem
; _GUICtrlListViewJustifyColumn
; _GUICtrlListViewScroll
; _GUICtrlListViewSetCheckState
; _GUICtrlListViewSetColumnHeaderText
; _GUICtrlListViewSetColumnOrder
; _GUICtrlListViewSetColumnWidth
; _GUICtrlListViewSetHotItem
; _GUICtrlListViewSetHoverTime
; _GUICtrlListViewSetItemCount
; _GUICtrlListViewSetItemSelState
; _GUICtrlListViewSetItemText
; _GUICtrlListViewSort

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

thakns GEOSoft, but the problem was that function doesn't exist anymore, we need ton use two function at the same time to have the same result ( see my first post )

but thk for the answer...

My apologize, here is my fucntion : _GUICtrlListGetSelItemsText

She doesn't appear in then "USFs renaming" section of the help file, perhaps a forgot of the new version ?

but new new one need to give the id of the selected element :

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hWnd, $iIndex[, $iSubItem = 0])

is different than :

_GUICtrlListGetSelItemsText ( $hWnd )

Here is a copy/paste from my help file version 3.2.9.0

Function Reference
_GUICtrlListGetSelItemsText 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get the text of selected items

#Include <GuiList.au3>
_GUICtrlListGetSelItemsText ( $h_listbox )

Parameters

$h_listbox control id/control hWnd 

Return Value

Array of selected items text, first element ($array[0]) contains the number items returned
If the list box is a single-selection list box, the return value is $LB_ERR.
If no items are selected, the return value is $LB_ERR.

Remarks

None.

Related

_GUICtrlListSelectedIndex, _GUICtrlListGetSelState, _GUICtrlListGetSelCount, _GUICtrlListGetSelItemsText
Edited by pinkfoyd

According to the list Gary posted above you may have to use two functions.

_GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedIndices

_GUICtrlListViewGetItemText

Or for 3.2.10.0

_GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices

_GUICtrlListView_GetItemText

Thats about all I can suggest. I have not even looked at the GUI Udfs for a long time now.

Someone else may come along with more help for you.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Hi all !

Ok lot of function was renamed, i correct this in my code, but WTF ... where is the _GUICtrlListGetSelItemText function now ?

please help ! thk

EDIT : ok i find it, and that's was better before :)

here is the solution : _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($array_id,number(_GUICtrlListView_GetSelectedIndices($array_id)),0)

0 = index of the column

You know it's reasons like this that I used a new naming convention. Missed what you were really looking for this morning before I went to work.

_GUICtrlListGetSelItemText

Look in the _GUICtrlListBox_xxxxx functions

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.