Why is it so >>?>?

I have 1 Question.... Why compiled script is so big ??? its over 300kb !!! Is it possible there to make it to 80kb or 30kb ??? Any Ideas ??? I tryed to pack it but it says that this EXE is aleady packed.... Wiht UPX i think..... So any ideas how to make script 100kb or 80kb ???

Thx

There are several solutions:

- use older versions which have smaller EXE size (v3.1 about 170KB, v2 about 45KB)

- use C++ or Delphi or another language instead of AutoIt

Note: AutoIt compiled EXE size will not be smaller than today in the future. Take it as fact.

Edited by Zedna

I have 1 Question.... Why compiled script is so big ???

because when you compile a script, the entire autoit interpreter is compiled with it.

I never compile hardly anything though, i have autoit installed on my flash drive, and a registry script that associates .au3 files with the executable. So if I'm on a computer without autoit installed, i just plug in the flash drive, run the reg script, and its just as if it were installed.

590kb by me LOL.... I just asked it becouse the littlest program is 590kb !!! lol

Too bad that its impossible to make it up to 50kb or so.... :)

And when someone who wanna download it with 56kb modem should wait 1 hour lol...

56 Kbps / 8 = 7 KB/s

590 KB / 7 = 84.285 s

84.285 / 60 = 1.4 minutes

But seriously, most web pages are pushing 500KB these days, MSN.com is almost 400KB at any given time.