Works only when in .au3 form?

Hi all i have a script that works like a charm but as soon as i compile it, it does not work anymore

heres my code:

f Not FileExists("c:\windows\options\cabs") Then

Do

DirCreate("c:\windows\options\cabs")

Until FileExists("c:\windows\options\cabs")

EndIf

FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\cabs\cabs\setup1.wav", "c:\windows\options\cabs", 0)

FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike \Desktop\cabs\cabs\setup2.wav", "c:\windows\options\cabs", 0)

any clues?

thanks in advanced

Hard work never killed anyone but why take the chance?

• Developers

Try:

If Not FileExists("c:\windows\options\cabs") Then
EndIf
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\cabs\cabs\setup1.wav", "c:\windows\options\cabs\", 0)
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike \Desktop\cabs\cabs\setup2.wav", "c:\windows\options\cabs\", 0)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

i still have not got it to work on my own, so any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

mike

Try This:

Do
Until FileExists("c:\windows\options\cabs")
EndIf
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\cabs\cabs\setup1.wav", "c:\windows\options\cabs", 0)
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\cabs\cabs\setup2.wav", "c:\windows\options\cabs", 0)

EndIf
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\cabs\cabs\setup1.wav", "c:\windows\options\cabs\", 0)
FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\cabs\cabs\setup2.wav", "c:\windows\options\cabs\", 0)

Or this here, based off Jos'.

If you are running it on a Vista system make sure to put a #RequireAdmin at the top of your code.

Edit: there was a space in your second FileInstall line between Mike\Desktop.

Edited by schilbiz

What is the error you are getting?

What os?

I am assuming you're running the compiled and non-compiled script on the same computer. If it works non-compiled then are you removing the files from the dest folder before running the compiled script?

You have overwrite flag off in your FileInstall statements.

Do the files exist in the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\cabs\cabs".

Permissions?

I'm not at a machine right now that I can run a test script on so I'm kind of throwing some things out there.